"Bentong - off the Karak Highway" Bentong Town by chiabh
Bentong Town Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 101 photos
Bentong is a small town in Pahang state... It is about 60km from Kuala Lumpur along the Karak Highway... Visiting Bentong is sort of nostalgic to me as i would go to Bentong occasionally in the early 1970s to audit the (then) Lee Wah Bank branch there... Bentong then was a small laid-back town which is very quiet at night except for the clicking of mahjong tiles from the many clan association's building...
The town is mainly populated by Chinese from Guangxi province in China... They call themselves the Kwangsi and their clan association building is the most modern in Bentong... It is estimated that about 80% of the residents of Bentong are Kwangsi... The Kwangsi residents are the riches in town as they control the once flourishing rubber trade in the area... There are 4 new villages in the vicinity is the Perting village the oldest and biggest... Perting village is just next to the town centre across the Bentong River...
Today, the town has grown with new buildings... There are 3 main roads in Bentong viz Jalan Loke Yew, Jalan Ah Peng and Jalan Chui Yin and they are parallel to each other... The town is located in the shadows of the small Bentong Hill where health buffs will climb in the morning to strengthen their legs and lungs... Besides the many clan association buildings, there is the (new) bus station, mosque, a court building (opposite the mosque), when compared to my last real visit in the early 1970s...
Bentong as it is has not really much to offer to tourists... but it is a food haven... You cannot claim to have taken good ice cream if you have not patronise Kedai Kopi Kow Po... The town is noted for its roast duck and wan ton mee... The tou fu pok is known thoughout the country... So is its ginger... So do not missed these out if you are in Bentong... If you are passing by on the Karak Highway, it is certainly worth the while to de-tour and break your journey to Kuantan or Kuala Lumpur to sample what the town has to offer...
There are not many attractions in and around Bentong... amongst them are:
Bentong is also noted for its tofu products... You can make arrangements to visit one of the few tofu factories in the town and learn how tofu is made...
Of course, further away are the:
DeerLand Wildlife Park
Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
There is only one golf course in Bentong... The Bentong Golf Club is a 9-hole course about 3km from the town centre... The course is next to a military camp and the fairway is of cow grass... It is the only golf club with cow grass greens in Malaysia...
If you want better courses to try your skill, there are 3 nearby courses viz Bukit Tinggi (now re-named as Berjaya Hills) Golf & Country Club, Awana Genting Golf & Country Club, Selesa Hills Golf Club and the Raub Golf Club... All these are 18-hole courses...
The Hutan Lipur Lentang (or Lentang Recreation Park) is run by the Forestry Department... Located off the KLumpur-Karak... more travel advice
The stall is only opened at night on the left side of Jalan Chui Yin which is closed for the purpose... Besides Ah Waa's... more travel advice
chiabh's Related Pages
Bentong Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bentong - off the Karak Highway"
- "WHAT AM I DOING HERE????"
- "- Bentong -"
- "Bentong, Pahang, Malaysia"
- "T.A.K Ice Cream Corner (Bentong Pahang)"
- "Travel page Bentong, Pahang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bentong Town
- Hotels in Bentong Town
- Transportation in Bentong Town
- Restaurants in Bentong Town
- Shopping in Bentong Town
- Warnings and Dangers in Bentong Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bentong Town
- 22 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Bentong Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bentong Town
Photos in Bentong TownSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 117 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Johor Bahru Intro, 30 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos
- Melaka Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bentong Town Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 32 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kukup Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Gua Musang Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos