Kuala Lumpur Sports & Outdoors Tips by chiabh Top 5 Page for this destination
Kuala Lumpur Sports & Outdoors: 38 reviews and 50 photos
the city skyline... from hole #1...
Set on the peripheral boundary of Kuala Lumpur city centre, the club has a 9-hole course with a spectcular view of the KLumpur landmarks such as the Petronas Twin Towers, KLumpur Tower and other highrise buildings... Designed by Ng Ah Bey and several officers of the police force, the par-36 layout is hilly with water coming into play in a number of holes... The fairway is of cow grass with the First Nine playing to 3,067m from the blue tees... The Second Nine playing from the white tees is a tart shorter at 2,839m...
The course is rather challenging with water coming into play in a number of holes... The most talk-about hole is the 615m par5 hole #6, which is reputed to be the longest hole amongst Southeast Asian courses...
Equipment: The rather small and tired clubhouse has both male and lady changing rooms that need to be upgraded... There is an elevated golfer's terrace overlooking the starting and finishing holes... There is also a driving range for those who need to practice their golf swings... And next to the registration counter is a small but well stocked pro-shop...
Address: Tasik Titiwangsa, off Jalan Tun Razak, K Lumpur...
Directions: The course is by the side of Tasik (or Lake) Titiwangsa...
Phone: +603-2693-4964 n 4903
KGPA is a 27-hole course opened in play in 1989... The championship course is a classic par 72 golf course playing to 6,005m from the blue tees.. with the Hill Nine at 2,949m and the Lake Nine at 3,056m... The Hill Nine is rather hilly as the name suggested with lush fairways and verdent greens... while for the Lake Nine, water comes in play in many holes...
The third Nine (named Forest) is shorter and plays to 2,446m, caters for intermediate and seniors golfers. The course is equally challenging and many regretted underestimating it.
Equipment: The clubhouse is of Roman-architecture design... It is a majestic building housing the normal golfers terrance, male and lady changing rooms and a small pro-shop... It also have meeting rooms and banquet facilities which can cater for up to 400 pax... The swimming pools area is off the main clubhouse...
Address: Bukit Kiara off Jalan Damansara, Kuala Lumpur
Directions: Located along Jalan Damansara, entry is thru the underpass from section 16 (Petaling Jaya)... It is directly opposite the Eastin Hotel and The Star headoffice... Wiht normal traffic, it is about 15mins from downtown KLumpur...
More Reviews (115)
- See All VT Meeting - 12.12.2010
- See All The Royale Chulan Hotel
- See All Jenjarom ~ Fo Guang Shan Dong Zen Temple
- See All Beware of Snatch Thieves
- Ticket Touts
- See All Worldwide Baggage Delivery
chiabh's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 117 Reviews
- 208 Photos
- 440 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (208)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 117 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Johor Bahru Intro, 30 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos
- Melaka Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bentong Town Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 32 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kukup Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Gua Musang Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- Petronas Twin Towers- 256 Reviews, 449 Photos
- Batu Caves- 114 Reviews, 254 Photos
- Bukit Bintang- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Genting Highlands- 43 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Merdeka Square- 75 Reviews, 128 Photos
- Chinatown- 98 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Royal Palace (Istana Negara)- 28 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Putrajaya- 43 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Menara Telecommunications Tower- 110 Reviews, 207 Photos
- Central Market- 46 Reviews, 73 Photos
See All Kuala Lumpur Things to Do