Kuala Lumpur Shopping Tips by chiabh Top 5 Page for this destination
Kuala Lumpur Shopping: 494 reviews and 675 photos
guardian at suria klcc..
Own by Dairy Farm International Group, one of the largest retailer in the Asia Pacific Region, Guardian is present in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia... You will be able to find a Guardian store in most of the major town in Malaysia...
What to buy: Guardian is a drug store and pharmacy... and sells health care products and grooming products as well... you will need to go to Guardian if you need some pain killers, toothbrush and tooth paste, hair creams etc...
Directions: You will find Guardian stores in major towns in Malaysia... In Kuala Lumpur, there is a store at the lower ground level of Suria KLCC...
popular bookstore at jalan bandar..
Popular Bookstore is part of a chain of bookstore with stores in Malaysia, Singapore and Hongkong... There are numerous stores in the major town of Malaysia...
What to buy: Popular Bookstore is noted for its Chinese books... It also have a section selling music CDs, DVDs and other things related to music... It is the largest Chinese bookstore in the country... so if it is Chinese books that you are looking for, this is the place...
Directions: The main store in Kuala Lumpur is in Jalan Bandar... just off Chinatownat Jalan Petaling...
a typical 7eleven store...
The 7Eleven (7-11) convenience store is a common sight in many South-east Asian countries... It is most visible in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand... It is opened 24 hours a day the whole year round...
What to buy: The store sells everyday necessities the whole year round... ranging from bread/drinks, newspapers, health care products to the most sought after midnight product (ie condoms... hehe..)
Directions: There are more than 200 7evelen stores in Malaysia... you can find one in any reasonably big town in the country... with many stores in Kuala Lumpur... just look for the familiar orange/green/red horizonal stripes...
a typical watsons store...
Wtasons can be classified as a convenience store although it is not open 24-hours a day... it sells everyday necessities including haelth care products... You can see a Watsons in some of the shopping complexes as well as on the main roads in the major towns in Malaysia...
What to buy: The store sells everyday neccessities and health care products... although its health care products are not as well a variety as that of Guardian...
times bookstore at suria klcc...
Times bookstore is one of the smaller bookshops in Malaysia where others in the book business include Borders, Kinokuniya and MPH... Times bookstores are located mainly in shopping centres as well as shopping areas in the major town of Malaysia...
What to buy: The stores sell all type of books, ranging from school textbooks to a wide range of books of every interest to readers...
Directions: There are Times bookstores in the major towns of Malaysia...
tower records at klcc...
Tower Records is one of the biggest music record store in Malaysia... It has 8 stores including one in Johor Baru and Penang... and 6 in the vicinity of Kuala Lumpur...
What to buy: The store sells anything relating to usic such as music CDs, DVDs, Video games, Toys, Posters, Gift Cards... It has the largest collections of music CDs and DVDs...
Directions: There is a Tower Records store on the lower basement of Suria KLCC...
A very popular shopping complex, always full of shoppers... majority of them window shopping... Suria KLCC is part of the KL Petronas Twin Tower complexs with a beautiful park for relaxation.... It has one of the most comprehensive food courts in any of the Kuala Lumpur shopping complexes... KLCC boasts a state-of-the art concert hall - home of the Malaysian Phiharmonic Orchestra - an art gallery and a science discovery centre, Petrosains...
What to buy: Suria KLCC exudes opulence and sophistication, showcasing international brand names like Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Hermes.... The anchor tenant is Isetan Departmental Store... The complex caters for all kinds of goods including cameras, golf equipments, shoes, clothes, books etc.... Kinokuniya Book Store operates an outlet here...
Address: Jalan Ampang
Directions: Suria KLCC is easily accessible thru the KLCC station of the PUTRA line... It has covered linkway with the adjoining Mandarin Oriental Hotel...
Phone: +603 2382 3326
The Midvalley Megamall is one of the biggest mall in Kuala Lumpur... As like other malls, there are a variety of shops selling all type of products and services... It house the region's largest cineplexes together with an exclusive cineplex where you can book the whole cineplex for a private function...It also houses the country's biggest gym...
What to buy: There are 3 anchor tenant for this megamall... viz hypermarket Carrefour, department store and supermarket Jaya Jusco and department store Metrojaya... There is also a large MPH bookstore which is very popular with book buffs... There are also a large variety food outlets for hungry shoppers.... ranging from fast food to speciality restaurant...
Address: Federal Highway
Directions: The Megamall can be access by feeder bus from the KL Sentral transport hub and the Bangsar station of the PUTRA line...
The Megamall is at the Mid-Valley station of the KTM Komuter. It is the first stop from KL Sentral station on the Seremban line...
Pertam Shopping Complex
Pertama Shopping Complex is one of the earliest shopping complex in Kuala Lumpur... "Pertama" means "First" in the local Malay language.. It is one mall that you can get products and services not normally found elsewhere.... The mall caters mainly for the local Malay population in the city...
This is one mall that you can still bargain for a lower price... which is unheard of in the other upscale malls..
What to buy: In Pertama Shopping Complex, there are leather craftmans who make shoes, bags, boots and belts... tailor who specialise in fixing jeans and jackets...motorbike shops selling helmets and gloves, and a whole range of shops selling sports equipment....
Address: Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman and Jalan Raja Laut...
Directions: The complex is accessible thru the Bandaraya station of the STAR line and the Dang Wangi station of the PUTRA line... both stations are about 10-15 minutes walking distance away...
Like Pertama Complex, the Campbell Shopping Complex is also one fo the earlie shopping complexes in Kuala Lumpur... and caters for the local population...
What to buy: Shops in the complex carries a wide variety of clothes and shoes, including sports equipment...the complex, and the nearby Pertama Shopping Compex and perhaps Semua House (situated at the back of the complex) has the most shops selling Malay wedding attire in the city.... Prices are comparatively cheaper....
Address: Jalan Dang Wangi
Directions: At the corner of of Jalan Dang Wangi and Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman... Accessible thur the Bandarya station of STAR line or the Dang Wangi station of the PUTRA line, both about 10-15 minutes walk...
More Reviews (101)
- See All VT Meeting - 12.12.2010
- See All The Royale Chulan Hotel
- See All Jenjarom ~ Fo Guang Shan Dong Zen Temple
- See All Beware of Snatch Thieves
- See All Kelab Golf Titiwangsa PDRM
- Ticket Touts
chiabh's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "The City That I Feel So Comfortable In..."
- "the city I grew up in..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 117 Reviews
- 208 Photos
- 440 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
- Commented on one of NeverGrowOld's Kuala Lumpur tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT Meeting - 28.08.2010"
- Wrote a Review VT Meeting - 12.12.2010 in Kuala Lumpur Off The Beaten Path
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: VT Meeting in Kuala Lumpur"
- updated a Kuala Lumpur Travel Page "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (208)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 117 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Johor Bahru Intro, 30 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos
- Melaka Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bentong Town Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 32 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kukup Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Gua Musang Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- Batu Caves- 127 Reviews, 296 Photos
- Petronas Twin Towers- 271 Reviews, 477 Photos
- Chinatown - Petaling Street- 105 Reviews, 157 Photos
- Genting Highlands- 46 Reviews, 117 Photos
- Merdeka Square- 79 Reviews, 136 Photos
- KL Tower - Menara Telecommunications Tower- 135 Reviews, 271 Photos
- Sunway Lagoon & Pyramid Mall- 20 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Bird Park- 42 Reviews, 107 Photos
- Lake Gardens- 34 Reviews, 75 Photos
- Putrajaya - Daytrip- 42 Reviews, 82 Photos
See All Kuala Lumpur Things to Do