"Sungai Bakap at Jawi" Sungai Bakap by chiabh
Sungai Bakap Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
Sungai Bakap is a small town off the main trunk road from Ipoh to Butterworth... it is accessible from the PLUS North-South Highway... From the south exit at the Jawi Interchange and follow the trunk road to Jawi and Butterworth... It is about 5 km from the interchange... From the north, exit at the Bukit Tambun Interchage and follow the signage to Jawi...
The main town is only a main road with pre-war shophouses on both sides... The main road runs parallel to the trunk road...
The main occupation is working in factories in the industrial estates around the area... The areas seems to be the centre of the chicken rearing business with a number of big chicken farms in the vicinity... It is also noted for the many fruit orchard in the area and an abundance of mangosteen during our visit in June...
Visitors come to Sungai Bakap mainly for its reknown Chye Kueh at Soon Lee Restaurant... During weekends, the town will be crowded with cars from nearby Penang and Ipoh who come in droves to patronise Soon Lee... Business is so good that the siblings of Soon Lee has captalise on it and open other outlets in the town such as New Soon Lee Restaurant... but regulars still stick to the old and trusted Soon Lee for its food quality...
chiabh's Related Pages
Sungai Bakap Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sungai Bakap
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Sungai Bakap?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sungai Bakap
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 117 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Johor Bahru Intro, 30 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos
- Melaka Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bentong Town Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 32 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kukup Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Gua Musang Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos