Kuala Kangsar Restaurant Tips by chiabh Top 5 Page for this destination
Kuala Kangsar Restaurants: 10 reviews and 12 photos
the food centre...
The centre is within the Medan Selara Sg Perak which comprises of shopping and various food outlets... There is also a ferry to the other side of the wide river... Coupon parking is available...
Favorite Dish: As the name implies, this centre is only for laksa and cendol... The cendol is good but the ABC is just ordinary...
Address: Medan Selara Sg Perak, Kuala Kangsar
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: The shop is within the Medan Selara by the side of the Perak River...
Price: less than US$10
the restaurant facade...
Yat Lai is the most well-known restaurant in Kuala Kangsar... Ask any current student or ex-student of the Malay College Kuala Kangsar (MCKK) and the restaurant will bring back fond memories... Yat Lai is the meeting place of MCKK students during their schooldays where they can have coffee and buns (or pau)... Yat Lai is located at an old 2-storey corner shophouse right in the middle of town...
Favorite Dish: As mentioned, Yat Lai is synonymous with pau... The most sought after KK pau is sold here... The pau are halal and the pau fillings included beef, chicken, kaya (coconut jam) and red bean... They are hand-made and only available from 2.00pm... They are usually sold off before its closing time of 6.00pm... You can certainly taste its pau during royal celebrations and/or open house as the Sultan will order them in bulk... Besides pau, the restaurant also have chicken chop, fried noodles and fried rice among others... On our first visit to Yat Lai for coffee at about 12.00noon, we decided to buy some pau and we were told that the day's stock has been ordered by a customer and hence it is sold out for the day (even before it is being baked!!!)
Comparison: about average
Directions: The restaurant is on the main road of Kuala Kangsar... It is to be noted that its small inconspicious signboard is well worn out and not noticeable unless with great attention while searching for the restaurant...
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (9)
chiabh's Related Pages
Kuala Kangsar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Kangsar - Perak Royal Town"
- "Its where I was born...."
- "NEGERI SULTAN ISKANDARIAH"
- "Kuala Kangsar - Bandar Diraja"
- "Kuala Kangsar ~ The Royal Town"
- "Kuala Kangsar"
- "Serene Royal K Kangsar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Kangsar
- Hotels in Kuala Kangsar
- Transportation in Kuala Kangsar
- Nightlife in Kuala Kangsar
- Restaurants in Kuala Kangsar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Kangsar
- 11 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kuala Kangsar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Kangsar
Photos in Kuala KangsarSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 117 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Johor Bahru Intro, 30 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos
- Melaka Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bentong Town Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 32 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kukup Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Gua Musang Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos