"Yong Peng - Off the North-South Highway" Yong Peng by chiabh
Yong Peng Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos
Yong Peng is a one-street town in the state of Johore. It lies on the main Route 1 from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Baru. Yong Peng used to be a very busy town in its hey days, when all south bound traffic have to pass thru the town. With the opening of the PLUS North-South Highway that by-pass the town, life has not been so hectic. Even with the highway, it will take about 2 and a half hours to drive from Kuala Lumpur.
There is really not much about the town. There are some small hotels, a supermarket and some eateries. Yong Peng is noted for its fish balls make of the "sai tho" fish. As you travel along the main road, you will see numerous signboards of these shops with a picture of the fish. But the best so far that I have tasted is at Kedai Minum dan Makan Chin Too. Besides the fish balls, the fish paste is used for making Yong Tau Foo and is usually eaten with noodles in soup or dry with sause.
The next time that you drive down south, just exit the highway for some good fish balls and yong tau foo in Yong Peng. You would not regret it.
chiabh's Related Pages
Yong Peng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Mainly Chinese Town of Yong Peng"
- "Yong Peng - Off the North-South Highway"
- "Noodle Town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yong Peng
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Yong Peng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yong Peng
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 117 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Johor Bahru Intro, 30 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos
- Melaka Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bentong Town Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 32 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kukup Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Gua Musang Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos