Maran Things to Do Tips by chiabh
Maran Things to Do: 2 reviews and 7 photos
view from hole #18...
The Maran mosque is one of the attractions in the twon being the gathering place for worship by the Muslim community in Maran... Its colorful and attractive design will catch the eyes of visitors and travellers ont he trunk road...
The mosque is best viewed from the Maran Hill Golf Resort... both from its car park and clubhouse's Golfers Terrace... It is also visible from the fisnishing 18th hole and other fairways...
Address: Maran Town...
Directions: The mosque is on the opposite side of the Temerloh-Kuantan trunk road at Maran town...
This temple, dedicated to the Lord Murugan is very important to Hindus in Malaysia and Singapore... It celebrates its festival every March/April and it is estimated that more than 300,000 devotees from all over the country will attend the celebrations each year...
The legend about the temple is that about 120 years ago, construction of the road from Kuala Lumpur to Kuantan was in progress here... When a large tree was being chopped, it started to bleed... One of the Tamil workers went into a trance at the same time... He said that the tree should be spared and the road laid a short distance away... The British supervisor refused... To everybody's astonishment a figure of a child appeared on the trunk of the tree... The supervisor was surprised and changed his mind... The road was laid away from the tree... The place became sacred, and it took the name of Sri MarathANdava BAla DhandAyuthapANi (Lord Murugan)... Several true devotees have experienced miracles here... They are bestowed with good fortunes in their lives... The lame had walked, the dumb has spoken and the chronic sick - healed... These miracles are still occurring... (extracts from its website)...
The road now runs by the side of the temple...
Address: 24km Maran-Jerantut Road, Maran
Directions: Just about 1km from Maran town, make the turning into the Maran-Jerantut road... Drive for about 23km and you will arrive at the temple which is just by the side of the road...
More Reviews (1)
chiabh's Related Pages
Maran Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Hon Mun Hotels
- Tsuen Wan Hotels
- Bitung Hotels
- New Paltz
- Tarbaca Hotels
- Nathula Island
Badges & Stats in Maran
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Maran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maran
Photos in MaranSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 117 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Johor Bahru Intro, 30 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos
- Melaka Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bentong Town Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 32 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kukup Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Gua Musang Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos