Tokyo Transportation Tips by sourbugger
Tokyo Transportation: 353 reviews and 422 photos
If you think of your options to get into Tokyo as rather similar to buying Japansese electrical products like DVD players then you will get the idea that they will all do the same job reliably - you just pay more for nicer design and added extas.
The JR Narita expess is the top-notch 'Sony' product - sleek, expensive (3000yen) and quick (60 mins)
Their other airport service is slower (the Panasonic model) by about 20 minutes and 700 yen cheaper. I would only use a JR service if you have already bought a JR pass which can be validated at the airport.
The Showy alternative is the 'Skytrain' (JVC model) that runs on the Keisei line. Similar speed at the JR Narita express but comes in at 2000 Yen.
For those who don't want to waste their money just to save a few minutes the Keisei line also has local trains (Sanyo perhaps ?) that are basically just metro trains, rather than inter-city type ones (90 minutes +). These come in at around 1000 yen
Don't even think about the bus - it's 3000 yen.
(Thomsons - French and useless)
Take you pick !
More Reviews (19)
- Funny street names
- Go for a lunchtime fill
- See All Yes we have no bananas
- Preventing babies
- See All Using Love Hotels
sourbugger's Related Pages
Tokyo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "T o k y o"
- "Tragedy in Japan"
- "Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
- "Tokyo East Tokyo West"
- "livingstonefree tokyo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokyo
- Hotels in Tokyo
- Transportation in Tokyo
- Nightlife in Tokyo
- Restaurants in Tokyo
- Shopping in Tokyo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tokyo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokyo
- 20 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Tokyo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokyo
Photos in TokyoSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 318 reviews, 312 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 209 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 115 reviews, 116 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 87 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 80 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 58 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Boston Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (85)
- Asakusa- 146 Reviews, 286 Photos
- Ginza- 47 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Shinjuku- 50 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Tsukiji Market- 48 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Mt. Fuji - Day Trip- 21 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Akihabara- 44 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Harajuku & Omote Sando- 54 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Odaiba- 56 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Imperial Palace- 48 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Ueno Park- 65 Reviews, 113 Photos
See All Tokyo Things to Do