Tokyo Hotel Tips by sourbugger
Tokyo Hotels: 402 reviews and 482 photos
Tally ho - want a ride lady ?
Very often the overnight price for love hotels is about the same as a mid-range business hotel. The problem is that you cannot check in until about 10.30 or 11PM. This means dumping your bags elsewhere until you are ready.
For one night at least it is something different. Some Japanese love hotels don't want foreigners staying and try to get rid of them. Others are OK about it and some are automated - so no problem!
Be careful about prices - make sure you get the overnight rate and not the hourly rate, or 'rest', which ain't cheap.
Unique Qualities: I could get into deep water here - so I'll be careful.
Basically wherever you mind can take you as regards furnishings - you will find it somewhere in a Tokyo love Hotel room.
One of the oddest I found (admitedly on a website and not myself) was a merry-go-round in the middle of the room.
I'll stick to something less kinky like a pink medieval dungeon decorated with inflatable models of large alien women with enourmous breasts.... in custard.
Address: Varoius districts
Comparison: about average
Nice buckets !
When staying in Tokyo, we found basing ourselves in the Ikebukuro district to be very useful.
It has a number of 'business' type hotels that are quite willing to bargain with tourists, there is a pedestrianised area with a good range of food options and it is lively all the time.
Unique Qualities: One of the hotels we stayed at after a few days offered us some 'executive' rooms normally used by middle-ranking business big boys. Having a small kitchenette and extra room was good - but it did have one very unusual feature :
A woman in the flat opposite spent hours on both the nights we were there washing her windows - topless. In such a kinky nation I have no doubt the hotels payed her a modest something to enhance the view!
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Get off at Ikebukuro station at the west exit and head north west.
More Reviews (18)
- Funny street names
- Go for a lunchtime fill
- See All Yes we have no bananas
- Preventing babies
- See All Plastic food better than the real thing
sourbugger's Related Pages
Tokyo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "T o k y o"
- "Tragedy in Japan"
- "Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
- "Tokyo East Tokyo West"
- "livingstonefree tokyo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokyo
- Hotels in Tokyo
- Transportation in Tokyo
- Nightlife in Tokyo
- Restaurants in Tokyo
- Shopping in Tokyo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tokyo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokyo
- 20 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Tokyo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokyo
Photos in TokyoSee All Photos (20)
Read real reviews about Tokyo Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 318 reviews, 312 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 209 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 115 reviews, 116 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 87 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 80 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 58 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Boston Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (85)
- Asakusa- 146 Reviews, 286 Photos
- Ginza- 47 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Shinjuku- 50 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Tsukiji Market- 48 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Mt. Fuji - Day Trip- 21 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Akihabara- 44 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Harajuku & Omote Sando- 54 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Ueno Park- 65 Reviews, 113 Photos
- Imperial Palace- 48 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Odaiba- 56 Reviews, 90 Photos
See All Tokyo Things to Do