"India's Top ten" India by sourbugger

India Travel Guide: 28,496 reviews and 78,625 photos

I'm developing a list of 'Top Ten' attractions for various countries around the world.

These are all place I have visited in my lifetime, and hopefully record my personal memories and feelings about the places in question.

They are not meant to be an exhaustive list, and may well miss out places that other people would put in. They are thus purely my 'Top Ten'. As some of these places may have been visited quite a few years ago the lists will tend to concentrate on major tourist sites - places that have been around for many years, and will hopefully be preserved for centuries into the future.

• Last visit to India: May 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 5, 2006

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Interesting tips

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
      Jan 9, 2013 at 3:54 AM

many thanks for your comments. best wishes for the new year. sb.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM

A very nice page!

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Well you certainly have whetted my appetite. Thanks!

• Nov 20, 2008 at 5:08 PM

I love India because have the most beautiful palaces in the world and also caves!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2007 at 8:16 AM

A very interesting page with helpful tips. Thanks for the thumbs up on the book, I have just finished reading Holy Cow and I'm in an Indian mindset right now.

• smeagol13's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 6:25 AM

I'm truely interested in the Indian culture and I wish to make a travel to that country. you India page icludes many useful information that may be helpful if I can realize my dreams. thanks for sharing your experiences.

• Simone511's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 4:29 AM

Although i got a sleeper cabin when i travelled on the over night train from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer in 2005, i assure you that the 'third class ticket' still exists!!!!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 10:30 AM

I enjoyed reading all of these a lot. Regarding your drive to Darjeeling, I saw similar moralistic warning signs on a steep road in Goa (which yes, is over-commercialised) and wished afterwards I'd written them all down as they made me smile :)

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 11:47 AM

I like your "Off the beaten Path- tips". And the warnings.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2006 at 6:09 AM

A very interesting page. I enjoyed the sense of humor in your personal insights and observations.

sourbugger

“Deny yourself nothing, but deny everything.”

Badges & Stats in India