Boston Nightlife Tips by sourbugger
Boston Nightlife: 5 reviews and 8 photos
Don't sit on this - use a chair
Cactus jacks had gained quite a following, especially on the weekends.
It seems quite a well managed place with the kiddies and complete riff-raff (i.e those who can only aspire to 'chav' status) being kept out.
The bar section at the front follows, as the name of the place suggests, a Mexican theme. It is heavily into selling cocktails, but normal drinks are reasonably priced as well.
The larger room and dancefloor tend to play a wide selection of 80 / 90's / new music, so most of the punters tend to be in the 25-35 category witha fluttering of younger things wearing little but a pussy pelmet, and 40 somethings wearing, yes you've guessed it : the same.
Usually free entry
Probably due to my joke doing the rounds of Bodton, the club has been re-named as 'Havana Club'. A title which I thought would have been copyrighted already. Whatever, it's still full of the same crowd desperately seeking some uncomplicated leg-over.
Dress Code: Usual nigtclub rules - but fairly relaxed
Address: High Street
Directions: Go to Wetherspoons, and head towards the station - its on your right.
Phone: 01205 354 555
Sam Newsom music Centre
Boston is trying to develop what it calls a "Cultural Quarter"
Located on the left hand side of the river (coming from the centre of town) you will find the Sam Newson music centre and Blackfrairs are centre.
The Sam Newsom is mainly used as a teaching space by Boston college, but there are regular concerts by local groups, some of which are of a very high standard.
Blackfriars arts centre puts on a range of exhibitions, plays and films throughout the year.
These can range from quite ropey am-dram productions to professional touring productions. Most of the films they put on tend to be about 3-6 months after they have finished showing on the main commercial circuit.
For info on what's on try : www.boston.gov.uk and follow the links.
Also coming soon will the the re-opened Museum, and an Art gallery !
Directions: The buildings are grouped together on the left hand side of the river bank (Blackfrairs is just set back on Spain Lane) coming from the Marketplace.
Forget the eating bit (lunchtimes only), this place is a great old-fashioned, no-nonsense pub with good beer.
There is always Lanlord bitter on together with some good German / Belgian Lagers.
Nothing pretencious, good company, no idiots.
Good Quiz night on Thursdays too, but I've yet to win it despite years of trying.
Dress Code: none
Address: 144 west steet
Directions: Out of the Railway station, opp PC World
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (32)
- The lardbuckets delight
- Easily the best Guesthouse in town
- See All Standards of B & B's
- See All Two good Italians
- See All The Space, The Haven
sourbugger's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Returning to root - Sourbuggers home"
- "HOME 1"
- "Boston: Medieval Port"
- "Boston, England."
- "Pilgrims and canals"
- "Boston, Lincolnshire, UK"
- "A day trip to Boston's environs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Explore the World
- Zürich Hotels
- Lake Pandin Hotels
- Hayward Hotels
- Pampanga Hotels
- Praia de Mira
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 35 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 318 reviews, 312 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 209 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 115 reviews, 116 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 87 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 80 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 58 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Boston Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (84)
Latest Boston hotel reviews
- Swallow New England Hotel
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013