"London's naughty seaside retreat" Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton by sourbugger

Brighton Travel Guide: 912 reviews and 1,627 photos

• Last visit to Brighton: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2007

• Apr 29, 2010 at 5:34 AM

In Britain we have many pebble beaches and ummm they are still beaches. I grew up by a pebble beach and therefore this meets my description of a "beach" more than a sandy beach.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I guess the pebbles will stay on the beach. Good job of presenting this city and we hope to see the coast someday. I think you would like the trip I took to Utah/Arizona parks for hiking and driving. It was an adventure and Natural Bridges remote.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Excellent Brighton page complete with superb travel tips especially on restaurants, hotels & accommodations! The Pier, West Pier and Royal Pavilion certainly look amazing to us. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• St_Vincent's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I'm off to Brighton for a few days on Sunday so I'll check if the i360 has been built yet, and look out for the beach volleyball!! Have a good Birthday, Cheers, Clive

• soundchaseruk's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2008 at 12:51 AM

Couldn't agree more, this is the worse beach I have seen, but it was packed with more people than I have ever seen on a British beach. The sea looked dirty too but cleaner at the Marina /nudist end. Give me a Turkey beach any day !!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2008 at 6:16 AM

I am still reeling over the raw sewerage!...and the std problem. Now I know why my English friend looked at me in a funny way when I said I was going to Brighton...mmm maybe not!...great tips. Love your style...

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Something about Brighton has always intrigued me. Glad you pointed out a few things that I should know before I visit. Like don't go near the water. Yuck!!

• Nov 19, 2007 at 5:17 AM

I love the Laines!! I mooch around there for hours and hours - but definitely avoid the pier! Ugh :))

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2007 at 5:03 AM

Really enjoyed reading your varied tips. Loved the sound of the electric railway in its "oilskins needed" days and your story of your 2 year old causing panic in the Pavilion :)

• kayleigh06's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2007 at 5:13 AM

Hmmm always heard that Brighton was overly gay-friendly(not that I have a problem with that). Didn't realise that the hotels were that bad though!!

sourbugger

“Deny yourself nothing, but deny everything.”

Badges & Stats in Brighton

Have you been to Brighton?

Latest Activity in Brighton