"memories of childhood" Cromer by sourbugger

Cromer Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 30 photos

For many years my parents brought us to this town for our annunal 2-week summer holiday.

The very child-freindly hotel (more unusual to finf in those days) was the main draw. The Colne House hotel is now retirement flats - how times change.

I visit occasionally now, and although it fell on hard times for a number of years, as did many seaside resorts in the UK, there is still a certain charm that draws the visitors.

• Last visit to Cromer: Mar 2006
  • Intro Written Mar 20, 2006

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Hello, Neil! Thanks for your page about the place with a lot of childhood memories...

• Aug 25, 2009 at 4:52 AM

Excellent picture of the Cromer Crab

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Lovely pier and promenade. Interesting read about the lifeboat. Good luck winning the lotto. The Hotel Paris seems like a great investment.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 4:27 AM

I'm considering a trip from Norwich to Cromer, so thanks a lot for all the information.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2007 at 8:44 AM

The picture you have of the pier, I have the exact same one in front of my desk as our company provided the new material for the new facade, but my picture is a tall as me!

• Stevo68's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Will be passing on the message to the chef again inThe Wellington!!!! Cromer rules!!!

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 8:52 AM

That hotel would be quite an endeavour but a worthy one I am sure! Thanks for a lovely glimpse :)

• sirenna's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 7:33 AM

This brings back childhood memories for me too. I was so disappointed when we couldn't eat our crabs!

• allikat's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 3:40 AM

Brilliant page - good fun! Sorry to hear about your crabs though...

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Sounds like you won't be rushing back to Cromer -lol! We go there for day trips when we need to slow down a bit & go back in time about 2 decades!! Good, honest tips - thanks! Marion.

sourbugger

“Deny yourself nothing, but deny everything.”

Badges & Stats in Cromer