"A complete surprise" Top 5 Page for this destination Enniskillen by sourbugger
Enniskillen Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 161 photos
Enniskillen is one of those places one associates with terrible events.
The bombing of the Armistice day parade in 1987 left 11 dead.
It was therefore a plesant surprise to find a pleasingly vibrant little town that has gained hugely from the 'peace dividend'.
The town is actually an 'island town' surrouded on all sides by water.
This means there is alot of boating / canoeing activity in the summer (i didn't see much in Februrary).
It also makes for a good place for a stroll. The castle with two seperate turrets looked impressive, although on this trip I didn't get time to visit.
The war memorial at Enniskillen is probably the main reason why this little town is known all over Ireland and the UK.... more travel advice
The Cole monument stands in Forthill park, which stands at the back of the main part of the town. Just from the bottom... more travel advice
sourbugger's Related Pages
Enniskillen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fare thee well Enniskillen, ................."
- "A complete surprise"
- "Pleasant little town........"
- "Island City"
- "LAKES AND MOUNTAINS"
- "Ahh, Enniskillen, it will take your breath away..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Enniskillen
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to Enniskillen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Enniskillen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 288 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 208 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 114 reviews, 114 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 76 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 56 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Skegness Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos