Hunstanton Transportation Tips by sourbugger
Hunstanton Transportation: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Hunstanton stands at one end of the 'Coastliner' service that provides public transport along the North Norfolk coast as far as Cromer. It is an area of outstanding natural beauty, and even if you have a car, it is an ideal way to explore the region.
I always think that you get a better 'feel' of a region by using such services, and this one forms a vital public service role. Whilst many around here would not dream of travelling in anything but their Chelsea tractors, not everyone around here has a choice of cars to travel in - go out and meet some real people !
It is a crying shame that Hunstanton lost it's rail connection back in the 1960's. It was before my day, but I'm still disgusted. Regular trains used to run direct from London, and would bring in holidaymakers in their thousands.
With a pathetic road connection (it's a bit better nowadays), the life-blood of the town was strangled.
The nearest railhead is now King's Lynn (direct and reasonably fast trains from London), from which a reliable coach service operates out past the old 'Royal' station that served Sandringham houses, and onto Hunstanton.
There is nothing left of the station site nowadays. It is just home a crummy weekend market.
More Reviews (8)
sourbugger's Related Pages
Hunstanton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hunstanton - the sunny side of England!"
- "Where The East Faces West !"
- "Rough Sea"
- "SUNNY HUNNY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hunstanton
- Hotels in Hunstanton
- Transportation in Hunstanton
- Shopping in Hunstanton
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hidden Valley Hotels
- Beausoleil Island Hotels
- Dhavlos Hotels
- Brescia Hotels
- Province de Tiznit
Badges & Stats in Hunstanton
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Hunstanton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hunstanton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 318 reviews, 312 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 209 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 115 reviews, 116 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 87 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 80 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 58 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Boston Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos