"A fine handsome town" Stamford by sourbugger
Stamford Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 38 photos
Stamford is a place I escape to as often as i can.
The place is a handsome town with over 600 listed buildings, the river Welland running through it, the magnificent George hotel and more watering holes than you can shake a stick at.
For such an impressive place it gets remarkably few tourists. They are missing out in a big way.
If you have ever watched a period drama filmed by the BBC, then the chances are that you will have seen something of Stamford already.
Packed full of imported continental furnishings and furniture, this shop is a well established estabishment in... more travel advice
Daniel Lambert was not what you would call petite. At one point he weighed about 52 stone ! This famous lard-arse who... more travel advice
sourbugger's Related Pages
Stamford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A fine handsome town"
- "The Stamford Mile"
- "Beautiful Britain's stone town"
- "In Lincolnshire.........."
- "Stamford, Lincs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stamford
- Hotels in Stamford
- Transportation in Stamford
- Nightlife in Stamford
- Restaurants in Stamford
- Shopping in Stamford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stamford
- 15 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Stamford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stamford
Photos in StamfordSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 318 reviews, 312 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 209 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 115 reviews, 116 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 87 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 80 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 58 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Boston Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos