"Quite man location - quite splendid" Top 5 Page for this destination Cong by sourbugger
Cong Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 49 photos
I am amazed that this place has not been mentioned yet - it gets loads of vistors, especially from the USA every year.
There are basically two things of interest here. The top class hotel - see the picture and the locations for the Quiet man film. Tips will follow shortly and I hope a car tour route for film locations.
- Pros:Beautiful location
- Cons:can you stand this much twee-ness
- In a nutshell:Excellent for one or two nights of luxury
Whilst in Cong, which is a tiny place, be sure to explore the ruined Abbey and the surrounding park. It really is... more travel advice
Heard some good reports of this reasonably priced hotel in Cong. Appartantly it is virtually impossible to book a place... more travel advice
sourbugger's Related Pages
Cong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not just the Quiet Man!"
- "Where "The Quiet Man" - movie was made"
- "Quite man location - quite splendid"
- "Cong....mixed emotions"
- "It Smelled of Leprechans!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cong
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (140)
Have you been to Cong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cong
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 288 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 208 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 114 reviews, 114 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 76 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 56 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Skegness Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos