"Doolin - dun little" Top 5 Page for this destination Doolin by sourbugger

Doolin Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 231 photos

Nightlife is what Doolin became famous for. I first struck on this village by accident many years ago. In those days the pubs openly flouted the drinking laws. I remember standing in one of the pubs at 4 O’clock in the morning, when the Barman refused to serve me as it was “well after hours”. He did add however that he could do an off-Licence sale. I enquired further if you thus exit the pub, and re-enter to consume my purchases. This seemed quite in order to him.

All three of Doolin’s pubs plan regular Irish music nights, usually every night. Even if nothing is planned musicians will often just strike up unannounced and play or jam together. It’s not exactly a hardship in an evening to visit all three of the pubs and get a feel for what’s going on.

• Last visit to Doolin: Aug 2004
  • Intro Written Aug 25, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Thanks for your story! ><><><

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Great fun - I particularly enjoyed the caves tip and the happy memories of Father Ted and Dougall ;-)

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2007 at 7:44 AM

A comical introduction to Doolin, Thanks for the info.

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2006 at 11:23 AM

I loved Dollin, thanks for sharing.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 7:56 AM

hehe I have never seen this page before - its great, thanks!!!! :)

• ladyanne's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2005 at 7:17 AM

Thanks for a delightful tour of your many inspiring pages. Great job!! And many a "chuckle".

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 11:44 AM

an interesting page about a special place in Ireland ! I totally agree about Ailwee caves beeing a waste of time, people should rather explore the Burren instead !!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2005 at 10:15 AM

This is a fecking great page! But thank goodness we called ahead for our accommodations!!

• Cruefan's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2005 at 6:28 AM

I love that your pages aren't the like some of the pre-fab stuff I see on here. Great style.

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 11:51 PM

Nice pages and tips on Ireland - I have been in Doolin twice and it is indeed an experience !

sourbugger

“Deny yourself nothing, but deny everything.”

Badges & Stats in Doolin