Tuam Nightlife Tips by sourbugger
Tuam Nightlife: 1 reviews and 1 photos
If you want a traditional irish pub that is unspoilt by tourism this is it.
The inside gives reminders of when most Irish pubs also sold everything else you needed. The Guinness is kept well and the age range of people is diverse.
The ceiling apparantly was was last repaired in 1922. The tradesman in question absconded to the USA for some reason and the job has never been completed since.
An Irishman once told me that the word "manyana" (spanish) has an equilvalent word in irish but - "without the sense of urgency".
That sums this place up !
UPDATE : 2007. curses ! the place has had a total re-vamp. Despite that, it still looks pretty much like it did before. The new owners have also dramatically changed the food menu. The wife of the partnership is Slovakian - so the food has a quite East European feel to it. I ate a rather wonderful Hungarian goulash, with lashings of paprika in it.
Dress Code: eh ? it's a pub !
Address: high street
Directions: Go to the centre of town from Glaway and turn left - it's on your right.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (10)
- See All A walk up Knock Ma
- See All A plug for my barber...Mattie francis
- How to get to Tuam by air
- If you feel the need to tee off...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Tuam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- Create a Tuam Travel Page
- Things to Do in Tuam
- Hotels in Tuam
- Transportation in Tuam
- Nightlife in Tuam
- Restaurants in Tuam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tuam
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (140)
Have you been to Tuam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tuam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 288 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 208 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 114 reviews, 114 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 76 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 56 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Skegness Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos