"Nokialand" Helsinki by sourbugger

Helsinki Travel Guide: 3,769 reviews and 7,696 photos

Only stayed in Helsinki for one night, as a stopover to a cycling holiday in Latvia and Estonia.

Impressions are thus very fleeting of this country, but John the Finn has been asking me to put together a Helsinki page for ages. So here it is.

P.s I believe I'm right in saying that Finland must be the home of Lap-dancing. I wanted to visit for this very reason (see picture below)

Go on, have fun with Finn, or like other scandanavians they will probably end up decorating a tree with a Volvo in a bid to end it all.

• Last visit to Helsinki: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Dec 13, 2005

• PavlH's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Good job I wasn't going to pack my 'budgie smugglers' for the trip to the sauna - now that would have put people off their dinner!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Lovely Helsinki travel page with stunning photographs especially of its waterfront - certainly bring back fond memories of our trip to that city on many occasions. Thanks for the virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• themajor's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Excellent stuff liberally sprinkled with good humour AND a tip title referencing a Beatles song! We need more of this creativity on VT dash it! I mean, what more could you want - apart from more gravy on your reindeer of course?

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2007 at 7:13 AM

A great little page. The waterfront sounds lovely; just my kind of place. And I enjoyed your sauna tip a lot!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2006 at 3:17 AM

A very entertaining page on Helsinki. I have never been there but like the name. I asked my son to bring me a souvenir from there, he said they didn't have any.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 9:07 AM

Very amusing tips, I can always rely on a chuckle when I read your pages. Ah the British sense of humour - can't beat it!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2006 at 8:43 AM

Fascinating pages. I spent 3 days in Helsinki in the 1980s, en route to and from the old Soviet Union. How I would love to return. Maybe someday.

• hekate's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 1:15 AM

I love the intro picture :) And the statistics about the alcohol prices - good to know in advance and bring some bottels supply :))) The Reindeer tip is funny :)))

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2005 at 12:49 PM

Nokia? No Kidding? Thanks for a tip we can "bank on". Hehe

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2005 at 9:54 AM

Your tips made me laugh! Great ones! I want more.....

sourbugger

“Deny yourself nothing, but deny everything.”

Badges & Stats in Helsinki

Have you been to Helsinki?

Latest Activity in Helsinki