Andorra Shopping Tips by sourbugger
Andorra Shopping: 15 reviews and 11 photos
What makes it special are it's prices.
On repeated visits to Andorra over years for skiing I have consistently found this place to be the cheapest place in town for booze, fags, electical and just about anything else this place sells form umbrellas to snowboards.
If it was a menagarie it would sell everything from Aardvarks to Zygotes.
update 2014 : As far as I can work out, the place is now called simply 'hiper andorra'
What to buy: Spirits (especially whiskey) is the obvious choice.
Perfumes are also good value - see other tips.
What to pay: Whiskey can be as low as 3 Euros a bottle - but it's Spanish and on the rough side.
you can definetly get a reasonable bottle for under 10 Euros
Address: Main road in Andorra la vella (Escaldes engordany)
Directions: Head up the hill towards el tartar from the centre of town. It's on your left as it starts going uphill.
Theme: Department Store
Just because it has a kilt on....
What to buy: When buying Whisky in Andorra be very careful to see where it is made.
Sometimes bottle can look very "Scottish" with the logo and typeface used but the stuff inside has never been near Scotland in it's life.
The Same applies to other drinks like Gin , but, the the quality is usually not quite so distinguishable from the real stuff.
What to pay: very variable - don't buy too cheap !
Theme: Food and Drink
This chain seems to be everywhere in Andorra. They actually have about 30 outlets.
Prices are very similar or the same in each store but what differs is the "freebies" they give away. Last time, in february, I received a BOSS suit holder just for one purchase of aftershave.
What to buy: Prices here are better than duty free - so buy up perfume / beauty sets for yourself and for gifts.
What to pay: Save about 40% compared to UK high-street prices
Address: all over Andorra la vella and elsewhere in Andorra
Theme: Bath and Beauty
More Reviews (7)
sourbugger's Related Pages
Andorra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great, mountainous, little principality!"
- "ANDORRA, the country at Pyrenees."
- "EL PAIS DELS PIRINEUS"
- "Jewel in the Middle of Pyrenees"
- "Andorra, Petite Gem of the Pyrenees"
- "World's biggest drive-in supermarket"
- "The Small Mountain Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Andorra
- Hotels in Andorra
- Transportation in Andorra
- Nightlife in Andorra
- Restaurants in Andorra
- Shopping in Andorra
- Warnings and Dangers in Andorra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Andorra
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Andorra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andorra
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: time for a purge"
- Commented on one of travelinxs's Andorra travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't end up with paintstripper"
- updated a Andorra Travel Page "World's biggest drive-in supermarket"
- Wrote a Review Historical museum - see the old Andorra in Andorra Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 288 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 208 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 114 reviews, 114 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 76 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 56 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Boston Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos