Belfast Transportation Tips by sourbugger
Belfast Transportation: 47 reviews and 37 photos
The peace line in Belfast
During 'the Troubles' many bus services in North Belfast were stopped. A solution was found to the mess by Black cab owners operating as buses. Many suspect that a good portion of the fares end up in the hands of paramilitary organisations.
Catholic 'shared cabs' leave downtown from the junction of Castle and King streets (the only place you will find signs in Irish downtown). When they fill up with 4-5 people they follow a set route up the Falls road. Same basic price, however far you go.
Protestant 'shared cabs' leave a couple of blocks away at the junction of Peter's hill and Gardiner street. Same system applies.
You can also hail them at any point along their set route.
This is a good way to see some of the murals and neighbourhood first hand, Safely and very cheaply.
Phone: 028 90 333333
More Reviews (11)
sourbugger's Related Pages
Belfast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belfast Northern Ireland"
- "A trip down memory lane"
- "Beal Feirste"
- "Quick Trip To belfast"
- "A unique city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belfast
- Hotels in Belfast
- Transportation in Belfast
- Nightlife in Belfast
- Restaurants in Belfast
- Shopping in Belfast
- Warnings and Dangers in Belfast
- See All...
Explore the World
- Le Blanc-Mesnil Hotels
- Zichron Yaakov
- Orocovis Hotels
- Gabon Hotels
- Sawtelle Hotels
- Cala Figuera
Badges & Stats in Belfast
- 12 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Belfast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belfast
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Anyone have a number or..."
- Wrote a Review Back to the future - The transport museum about Near Belfast in Belfast Things to Do
- Commented on one of saraheg77's Belfast travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Samson and Goliath"
- created a Belfast Travel Page "A unique city"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 318 reviews, 312 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 209 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 115 reviews, 116 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 87 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 80 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 58 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Boston Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (84)
Top Belfast hotels
- Belfast Murals- 23 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Further Afield- 24 Reviews, 30 Photos
- River Lagan- 12 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Botanic Gardens- 9 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Ulster Museum- 8 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Near Belfast- 10 Reviews, 11 Photos
- City Centre- 18 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Grand Opera House- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
- St Ann's Cathedral- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
- City Hall- 19 Reviews, 31 Photos
See All Belfast Things to Do