"India's brighton" Top 5 Page for this destination Simla by sourbugger
Simla Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 239 photos
There is a touch of 'Brighton' in Shimla, the capital comes out to play in this hill station, and it quickly gained notority for the 'fun side' of life, as can be seen from this quote :
"Shimla’s reputation as a place for pleasure-seekers took birth almost with the foundation of the town itself. "The presence of unattached ladies, bachelors, flirts, match-makers gave to Simla its early reputation.... Early evenings on the Mall, was the customary place for building acquaintances.... Eligibles... socially desirables... all were on the Mall." A nostalgic journey by Raghuvendra Tanwar
The English Victorians never seemed to be put off by the difficulties of building something. I always think of them as... more travel advice
The route up from Kalka, about 100kms away dramatically speeded up the development of Simla as the summer capital in... more travel advice
sourbugger's Related Pages
Simla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queen of the snowy hills"
- "Shimla - A little piece of England in India"
- "India's brighton"
- "Shimla of the Hills"
- "Simla must have been beautiful once upon a time!"
- "Simla (now known as Shimla)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Simla
- Hotels in Simla
- Transportation in Simla
- Nightlife in Simla
- Restaurants in Simla
- Shopping in Simla
- Warnings and Dangers in Simla
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Simla
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Simla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Simla
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 288 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 208 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 114 reviews, 114 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 76 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 56 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Skegness Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos