"Vis, Croatia" Top 5 Page for this destination Vis by MissPatsy

Vis Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 192 photos

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
Douglas Adams
For the summer of 2001, I had planned a great detailed trip for Croatia and Hungary, however being the lazy traveller that I am , I ended up spending more than half of my trip in a small, beautiful town, that I will never forget, VIS.
I landed there to visit a well-known cave, I had planned three nights, stayed for one month. It was simply perfect, I felt like I found my own piece of paradise populated by the friendliest , most wonderful people, the clearest sea, delicious food and wine...

I went back for a visit last summer, however, it seems paradise has been exposed, it no longer felt so special as an internet cafe opened ( the first sign that it's no longer a secret). But I guess tourism is good business for the island.

You're probably wondering why I am sharing my most sacred travel location with you even if I fear more tourists, but hey, there are no secrets on VT, right??

This beautiful wild mountainous island has captured my heart as I am sure it does to many. Do take the time to enjoy the peaceful serenity of Vis as well as its many activities.

• Pros:the scenery, the people, the food...
  • Cons:Not for those who get bored easily...
  • Last visit to Vis: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2004

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2004 at 5:07 AM

Thank you for these beautiful pictures and great story. I always wanted to explore Vis and swim in that magical Blue cave.

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2004 at 11:31 PM

Nice tips and pics here. I like the blue cave photos! Look great! Happy Birthday!

• Paolo-Italy's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2003 at 8:23 AM

I'm not so far from here!! Great place, could even go once, before winter comes.... ;-)

• Gueyome's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2003 at 7:53 PM

Salut, j'ai bien aimé tes descriptions colorées elle m'ont fait rêver. Et par simple curiosité, quelles sont tes origines?

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 11:11 PM

The picture of the blue cave the sunrise ,and all the other pictures are stunning ,the island Vis ,I never heard of it ,and I am glad that I now seen it it is so beautiful

• GaryAlan's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2003 at 2:25 AM

I really like the way you mix quotes, commentary and photos. Very unique and enjoyable presentations!

• Jul 9, 2003 at 11:50 PM

The Blue Cave tip is by far one of the better tips on VT.

• syllybabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2003 at 12:19 AM

Beautiful place! Love the blue of that water.

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2003 at 12:02 AM

Waters so blue...! Great find!

• Jun 18, 2003 at 12:03 AM

Excellant narration...beautiful pictures...wealth of information..Pages filled with nice tips..Extremly useful to a tourist..

MissPatsy

“"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list"”

Badges & Stats in Vis