"* A DISTANT BUT FRIENDLY COUNTRY *" Top 5 Page for this destination Chile by Aquamantos
Chile Travel Guide: 4,912 reviews and 13,635 photos
Here you can see that Chile is a "long and narrow country" as the Historians say.......but beyond that is a country of amazing contrasts...... North and South will always give you different impressions and maybe you'll be partial to some of those.......hot and dry deserts.......rainy forests........stunning glaciers.......
There is just SO MUCH to tell about Chile!!!!!!.
I'll try to do my best!.
Little by little I'll be posting some more pics in my Chilean city pages....
Chile is divided in 12 Regions plus the Metropolitan Region, where is the capital City : Santiago.
Checking the "Must See" you'll find a brief but consistent information of each one of these 13 Regions.
Name: Republic of Chile
Population: 15.116.435 (INE 2002)
Independence Day Celebration: September 18th
President: Ricardo Lagos.
Government Type: Republic, Democratic.
Coastline: 6.435 km.
Highest Point: Cerro Aconcagua 6.962 mt.
Natural Resources: Copper, Timber, Iron Ore, Nitrates, Precious Metals, Molibdenum.
Ethnic Groups: White and White-Amerindian: 95%, Amerindian: 3%, Other: 2%.
Religions: Roman Catholic: 89%, Protestant: 11%, Jewish.
INE = Institute of National Statistics
Chile's Web Sites: www.websites.cl
*Maps courtesy of www.theodora.com/maps used with permission*
This is our National flower, you can find it mostly in the South of Chile in 3 colors, red, pink and white.
*Photo: taken from www.google.com*
This is the National dance.
Brazilians call "Cueca" to their male under wear, ha ha ha....but Chilean Cueca is different!!!!!!.
Lot of people dance Cueca on September, when we celebrate our Independence day (Sept.18th) wearing traditional clothing as you see in this pic.
*Photo: taken from www.yahoo.com*
- Pros: Friendly people, delicious sea food, wonderful National Parks.......etc....
- Cons: Too far away from other countries.
- In a nutshell: "Chile, Chile lindo, lindo como un sol....."
Would you like to have the most wonderful experience, in the most remote place of the world?????..... Take a look... more travel advice
There are only 2 LAPISLAZULI's mines in the whole world and one of those is right here in Chile, in the IV Region... more travel advice
Aquamantos' Related Pages
Chile Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHILE---A Surprising Country!"
- "Chile - A gifted land"
- "Chile - Land of fabulous contrasts"
- "Land of the Guanaco"
- "* A DISTANT BUT FRIENDLY COUNTRY *"
- "Chile - very diverse scenery"
- "Mission : Fireland - Vers la Tiera de Fuego..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chile
- Hotels in Chile
- Transportation in Chile
- Nightlife in Chile
- Restaurants in Chile
- Shopping in Chile
- Warnings and Dangers in Chile
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chile
- 169 Reviews
- 268 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Chile?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chile
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Serena Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 29 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ravenna Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bùzios Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Emilia-Romagna Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Coquimbo Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues