"COQUIMBO" Coquimbo by Aquamantos

Coquimbo Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 19 photos

Valparaíso's sister city

Coquimbo is only 10 minutes to the South of La Serena, it's the second main city of the IV Region (La Serena is first).
Coquimbo is an important port city in Chile.
Population: 163.036 (INE 2002)

Zig-zag streets up in the hills and numerous houses covering the scenery is characteristic here, like in Valparaíso...
The main comercial activity is fishing. You can go to the Fish Market every day to get fresh seafood and fish (see the "Must see" and travelogue).

INE = Institute of National Statistics

• Pros:The Fish Market!
  • Cons:A bit messy...
  • In a nutshell:Viva la Reineta!!!!!!!
  • Intro Updated Aug 31, 2003

• Feb 3, 2008 at 2:11 PM

I went to Don Chuma place on Jan 31 08 with my family and were very disapointed. The service was bad. The meat uncooked, tomatos in the salad were green. No bread on the table, and though I asked the waiter for it, he never brought it. In sum, a fiasco.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2003 at 4:58 PM

Great page as your usual! I must taste Camarones al pil-pil - what a great name :-))

• trotador's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2003 at 5:58 PM

Me encanta comer pescado en los mercados, es lo mejor!!!

• Luiz's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2003 at 7:59 PM

Great page, Karin! I had climb up these zig-zag street to visit La Cruz(?). Great view!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2003 at 7:45 PM

Pastel de Jaibas sounds sooooo good! Great page.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2003 at 1:03 PM

Looks like fish is on the menu on this page, great stuff Karin.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2003 at 6:17 PM

ah I see.10 min. wow look at these zig zag streets, good for a walk after a meal.....great page Karin, you bring Chile into my Home, thanx

• travelinxs's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2003 at 2:55 AM

I love your sentaments about the fishermen - I used to be one so can relate to it. Great page!!

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 11:32 AM

That's an intersting place! Very nice ... a pity that I wasn't here on my visit in Chile ....

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 5:54 AM

I am getting really hungry reading your page!! so much delicious seafood!!! I love it!! Que interesante, ustedes escriben Ceviche con "s", no sabia.

Aquamantos

“Every single place has something to tell...”

Badges & Stats in Coquimbo

Have you been to Coquimbo?

Latest Activity in Coquimbo