"LA SERENA, the city of pisco and papayas!" Top 5 Page for this destination La Serena by Aquamantos
La Serena Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 201 photos
This pic: Papayas, the typical fruit of La serena :0)
I have been living here since 1995, when I started my studies of Industrial Design at the University of La Serena.
La Serena is located in the IV region of Chile, or Region of Coquimbo(North). Is 473 km away from Santiago.
La Serena is the main city of this region, with 160.148 inhabs.
Is the second oldest city in Chile. It was founded in 1544, but it was refounded in 1549.
The city has 30 churches (if not more), many of them with their own convents.
What I really like of this city is that you have different and nice beaches nearby and also a fantastic and magical Valley 45 minutes away.
Some of the most important astronomical observatories are also placed in this area...
*Note: all the pics you'll see here are taken by me, unless I write beside who's from* :o)
This is a good place to change money.
You'll be attended by Maria Pia Vivaldi, she's a very nice and reliable person.
Phone-Fax : (56-51)214 554.
Addresse: Balmaceda #460- Edif Caracol- Loc 7.
- Pros: Pretty beaches, the Elqui Valley with it's great weather the whole year, delicious sea food, fruits etc...
- Cons: Lack of emphasis in the tourism field.
When you visit the Puclaro's Dam try to be careful if you lean on the handrail to watch the mountains....there are some... more travel advice
At the Avenida del Mar you can see pelicans sometimes, they're so interesting animals..... The one you see in this pic... more travel advice
- See All A nice place near downtown La Serena.
- See All Wine and Pisco tours, interesting...
- See All "Totora" hand-crafts
- See All Want a Cappuccino?
Aquamantos' Related Pages
La Serena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LA SERENA, the city of pisco and papayas!"
- "La Serena"
- "La Serena Beaches"
- "La Serena... calmed, peaceful."
- "Elqui Valley"
- "LA SERENA"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Serena
- Hotels in La Serena
- Transportation in La Serena
- Nightlife in La Serena
- Restaurants in La Serena
- Shopping in La Serena
- Warnings and Dangers in La Serena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Serena
- 50 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 64 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to La Serena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Serena
Photos in La SerenaSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Serena Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 29 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ravenna Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bùzios Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Emilia-Romagna Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Coquimbo Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues