"Valparaiso de mi amor :o)" Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso by Aquamantos
Valparaíso Travel Guide: 313 reviews and 835 photos
Valparaiso is the most beautiful and interesting port city I have ever seen, with it's winding streets covering the hills and numerous old houses that seems to be floating in the sky....colors, open windows, old songs playing in the air, children laughs, friendly dogs......what a wonderful place!!!!.
Valparaiso is located 120 km to the NW of Santiago, it's the Regional Capital city and also the National Legislative Capital.
The exportations from Valparaiso's Port increased during the XVIII century, emphazising on wine, salad meat, leather and cheese that was sent to Peru.
Lot of ships also arrived from Spain, and the major activity of this port was during Summer and Fall (December to June) and during Winter it was closed mostly because of the bad weather.
It's still one of the most important ports in Chile.
This city still keeps lot of old traditions and it's a font of inexhaustible inspiration for writers, poets, painters, musicians, photographers and for the people in general.
Interesting web sites: www.fundacionvalparaiso.org (a non profit foundation) Spanish-English.
www.mercuriovalpo.cl (Newspaper) Spanish.
www.valparaisonline.cl (Touristic and cultural guide of Valparaiso) Spanish-English.
In this photo: A colorful and interesting house at the 21 de Mayo Stroll, Artilleria Hill.
- Pros:WONDERFUL, inspiring, what else can I say? :o)
- Cons:A bit dangerous sometimes, lot of robs.
- In a nutshell:A Chilean Jewel.
Old houses are a big attraction to me.....all those broken windows and dusty fronts.....makes me imagine the times when... more travel advice
One of the main attractions of Valparaiso are its old houses. I found this walking through Errazuriz street..... I was... more travel advice
Aquamantos' Related Pages
Valparaíso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the jewel of the Pasific"
- "Va al paraiso - go to paradise !"
- "Valparaiso de mi amor :o)"
- "Colored City"
- "VALPARAISO:Lovely Vistas & Lively Waterfront Areas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valparaíso
- Hotels in Valparaíso
- Transportation in Valparaíso
- Nightlife in Valparaíso
- Restaurants in Valparaíso
- Shopping in Valparaíso
- Warnings and Dangers in Valparaíso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valparaíso
- 14 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Valparaíso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valparaíso
Photos in ValparaísoSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Serena Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 29 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ravenna Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bùzios Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Emilia-Romagna Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Coquimbo Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues