"Sheep, shrimp, seagulls, shores, sea, and scenery" Top 5 Page for this destination Texel by ingridf_nl
Texel Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 495 photos
We escaped to Texel from Amsterdam's Queen's Day madness. While part of me longed to be part of the insane crowd and mayhem that is Queen's Day... Another part of me just wanted to relax anywhere else.
The minute we walked to the empty beach, with the sound of waves and birds, I knew that we had made the right decision.
Happily, although I thought that I had entirely missed the flowering fields, once we drove north west of Amsterdam, there were gorgeous bursts of color all over the landscape.
Everywhere, sweet little lambs running around or fiercely wagging their tails while they agressively went for their mothers milk. Or being stared down by the big mother sheep...
- Pros:quiet, peaceful, beautiful
- Cons:quiet... maybe too quiet
- In a nutshell:a place to escape to.
It was a room. It had beds. They were comfortable. There was breakfast. It was sort of close to the beach. Nothing... more travel advice
The forests and reserved nature areas on Texel are very beautiful. Due to a wonderful proliferation of bike routes, you... more travel advice
ingridf_nl's Related Pages
Texel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Texel, where the wind always blows."
- "Sun, sea and sheep!"
- "Texel, seven villages and more …."
- "WELCOME TO MY TEXEL PAGE ......:-)"
- "Sheep, shrimp, seagulls, shores, sea, and scenery"
- "Texel : the nature and bike lovers paradise!"
- "Holland in miniature"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Texel
- Hotels in Texel
- Transportation in Texel
- Nightlife in Texel
- Restaurants in Texel
- Shopping in Texel
- Warnings and Dangers in Texel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Texel
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Texel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Texel
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Tuscany Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Nice Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Montepulciano Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Florence Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Province of Ontario Intro, 3 photos
- Liguria Intro, 3 photos
- Grenoble Intro, 3 photos