"Arbil(in kurdish:hawler)" Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil by deimos1818
Arbil Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 243 photos
I've been to arbil in 1997. It is a very, very beatifull kurdish city with a glorious history.
A problem for travellers is that it's very difficult to get into iraqi kurdistan.Since the 2nd gulf war, there is a kurdish republic which is completely independent from Bagdad. You can't get to kurdistan from Bagdad. If you travel through turkey, you will have to ask the turkish authorities for a special permission(turkish authorities can be quite slow)
Now that the saddam has been removed, it will get easilier to visit kurdistan.
- Pros:Very beautifull, nice attractions(castle etc.)
- Cons:too hot in summer, too cold in winter. The people there don't seem to like foreigners that much
- In a nutshell:nice city
Don't refuse a cup of tea!It may offend the host. Also in shops: never refuse tea! more travel advice
The bazar of Arbil is gigantic. You can find anything here from apples to brand new PS2 gaming machines.You shouldn't... more travel advice
deimos1818's Related Pages
Arbil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Erbil...or Hewler"
- "ERBIL, Capital City of The Kurdistan Regional Gov."
- "Arbil(in kurdish:hawler)"
- "You mean you went to Iraq?"
- "Capital of Kurdistan."
- "Arbil or Erbil, either is fine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arbil
- Hotels in Arbil
- Transportation in Arbil
- Restaurants in Arbil
- Shopping in Arbil
- Warnings and Dangers in Arbil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arbil
- 13 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Arbil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arbil
Photos in ArbilSee All Photos (4)
Top 5 Pages
- Strasbourg Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Szombathely Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 13 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.