"Crossroads of Civilization" Turkey by Erkmen
Turkey Travel Guide: 24,661 reviews and 70,965 photos
May be it has not the best sort of things.. But it has the best mixture of many different things..
Crossroads of Civilizations and Crossroads of Continents...
Are you ready for this adventure?
Turkiye, a country where the civilizations has been raised, developed and collapsed.. For Centuries Anatolia or Asia Minor was the main crossroads of civilizations.. A Bridge between Europe and Asia
Being a crossroad of many civilizations has given Turkiye an advantage of various archaelogical structures and created a land of open air museum..
The Hitites, Urartians, Persians, Hellenians, Romans, Byzantines, Seljuks and Ottomans were the main civilizations who has roots and traces on these land..
Facts & Figures: Some 20 million tourists has visited Turkiye last year. And this year it is estimated to be a round 22 million and in between these 20 million visitors, there were at least hundred thousands of "Single Female Visitors", so please dont ask me or anybody this notorious question "Is it Safe for a single Female?"
Turkiye's rich historical culture combines with the natural beauty of the Anatolia.. All three sides of the lands are surroundered with sea. And the beauty of its waters, the nice climate, the clean and fresh air is a challenge for Turkiye..
Turkiye is a popular tourism destination which attracts tourists all around the world. Each tourist has different expectations and the Country could serve to various sorts of expectations with its wide variety of choices..
Turkiye has the harmony of Europe and Asia. And you have much more to see in these lands..
Some major sites for visitors shallbe as follows..
Istanbul: The capital city of Ottoman Empire and Byzantium, Rich historical and cultural heritage makes the city one of the most important sites in the world..
Antalya: The Second most popular city for Tourism..The city of sea and sun.. Excellent beaches, Turkish Riviera, Crystal clear waters and Rich historical heritage..
Cappadocia: The Nature and history has together created an art of Landscape.. Cappadocia area is laying in Mid Anatolia.. And atrracts nature and history lovers..
Concerning sites of Cappadocia are Urgup, Avanos, Nevsehir, Goreme and Aksaray..
- Ephesus & Selcuk
- Demre (Myra)
Anatolian Civilizations & Heritage
- Dogubeyazit (Agri)
Many Tourists do come to Turkiye from Greek islands or plan to visit Greek Islands after their visit to Turkiye.. So... more travel advice
Xanthos & Letoon is mentioned in the world heritage list of Unesco. Kinik - Xanthos: This antique city 46 km from... more travel advice
- See All Top Exciting things in Turkiye
- See All Sailing Paradise
- Turkish desserts
- See All Hotels that I have stayed...
Erkmen's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 375 Reviews
- 496 Photos
- 107 Forum posts
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 123 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 86 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antalya Intro, 36 reviews, 36 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos
- Seoul Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Bodrum Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
Top Turkey hotels
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Antalya Hotels
- 739 Reviews - 2057 Photos
- Marmaris Hotels
- 624 Reviews - 1134 Photos
- Bodrum Hotels
- 708 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Icmeler Hotels
- 235 Reviews - 455 Photos
- Alanya Hotels
- 435 Reviews - 986 Photos
- Kusadasi Hotels
- 312 Reviews - 853 Photos
- Side Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 364 Photos
- Belek Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Fethiye Hotels
- 352 Reviews - 878 Photos
- Hisaronu Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 57 Photos
- Ankara Hotels
- 372 Reviews - 1286 Photos
- Pamukkale Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 958 Photos
- Kemer Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 168 Photos
- Izmir Hotels
- 454 Reviews - 1275 Photos