Milan Transportation Tips by Erkmen
Milan Transportation: 277 reviews and 299 photos
I was wondering which way was better to get to Milan center. There were two options train and shuttle buses.
Malpensa Express trains are leaving every half hour at 15 and 45 pass the hour. And buses every 20 minutes.
Trains travel time is 40 minute, While buses were told to be around 50-60 minutes..
So I have tried both of them in two different visits and here is the result.
First Option Train: Malpensa Express
Trains were leaving on the ground floor of Terminal 1 and I was in the first floor of Terminal 2.. I followed the signs and soon I was on the Terminal 1 and got my ticket..
Dont forget to stamp your train ticket at the gates..
Train takes an exact drive of 45 minutes to Milan Cadorna Train Station. When you get familiar to the city you understand that traveling to Cadorna is a good option, if later on you shall stay in Milan Center. Cadorna is not in the center ( Neither the Central Train Station), but close distance to many places by Metro.
So, if you are not going to take a train from Milano Centrale, use Malpensa Express. Its very comfortable, fast and taking you close to the city center.
As I tried the Malpensa Express on my first visit I decided to try the Shuttle bus service on my next visit and so did I..
Second Option: Shuttle Bus to Milano Centrale
If you are going to continue to a furher city or if you are going to stay around Central Train Station, without doubt use this was of transport.
Shuttle Buses leaves almost every 20 minute just outside the departure hall. Buses are modern and easy to find, they cost cheaper than Malpensa Expres..
I was wondering the travel time as express Train was covering the distance in 45 minutes, how come a bus can travel in a similar period, considering the Traffic.
My flight has landed at 10:30 and at around 11:00, I was at the bus and just in 55 minutes we arrived to Milano Centrale, Although we made stops at the Big fair ground.
So both options are good for transport and if you have to decide, decide accordingly
1) Malpensa Express is good if you are going to Milan Center
2) Malpensa Shuttles are good if you are going to take a connection train or if you stay around centrale
Note: Milano Central Train station is not really at the center, hence its far from the center
More Reviews (23)
Erkmen's Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Opera and cycling in Milan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dasht Hotels
- Gander Hotels
- Arizona Hotels
- Gaviota Hotels
- Khoueng Xaignabouli
- Boca del Drago
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 25 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
Photos in MilanSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 123 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 86 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antalya Intro, 36 reviews, 36 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos
- Seoul Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Bodrum Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
Latest Milan hotel reviews
- St. George
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- King Mokinba Hotel Milan
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Hotel Palazzo Delle Stelline
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Hotel Sara
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Zurigo Hotel Milan
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 27, 2013
- Hotel Manzoni
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- La Residenza
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 1, 2013
- Cervo Hotel
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2013
- Grand Hotel Verdi
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Hotel Villa Malpensa
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Ostello della Gioventu di Milano
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Demo Hotel Milan
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Hotel Canada
- 225 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Duomo- 203 Reviews, 408 Photos
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele- 99 Reviews, 188 Photos
- Santa Maria Delle Grazie Last Supper- 69 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Shopping or Fashion District- 37 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Teatro alla Scala- 59 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Castello Sforzesco- 116 Reviews, 243 Photos
- Navigli- 15 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Lake Como - The Lake District- 18 Reviews, 29 Photos
- San Siro Stadium- 23 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Sant' Ambrogio- 27 Reviews, 91 Photos
See All Milan Things to Do