Milan Transportation Tips by Erkmen
Milan Transportation: 278 reviews and 301 photos
As I tried the Malpensa Express on my first visit I decided to try the Shuttle bus service on my next visit and so did I..
Second Option: Shuttle Bus to Milano Centrale
If you are going to continue to a furher city or if you are going to stay around Central Train Station, without doubt use this was of transport.
Shuttle Buses leaves almost every 20 minute just outside the departure hall. Buses are modern and easy to find, they cost cheaper than Malpensa Expres..
I was wondering the travel time as express Train was covering the distance in 45 minutes, how come a bus can travel in a similar period, considering the Traffic.
My flight has landed at 10:30 and at around 11:00, I was at the bus and just in 55 minutes we arrived to Milano Centrale, Although we made stops at the Big fair ground.
So both options are good for transport and if you have to decide, decide accordingly
1) Malpensa Express is good if you are going to Milan Center
2) Malpensa Shuttles are good if you are going to take a connection train or if you stay around centrale
Note: Milano Central Train station is not really at the center, hence its far from the center
I was wondering which way was better to get to Milan center. There were two options train and shuttle buses.
Malpensa Express trains are leaving every half hour at 15 and 45 pass the hour. And buses every 20 minutes.
Trains travel time is 40 minute, While buses were told to be around 50-60 minutes..
So I have tried both of them in two different visits and here is the result.
First Option Train: Malpensa Express
Trains were leaving on the ground floor of Terminal 1 and I was in the first floor of Terminal 2.. I followed the signs and soon I was on the Terminal 1 and got my ticket..
Dont forget to stamp your train ticket at the gates..
Train takes an exact drive of 45 minutes to Milan Cadorna Train Station. When you get familiar to the city you understand that traveling to Cadorna is a good option, if later on you shall stay in Milan Center. Cadorna is not in the center ( Neither the Central Train Station), but close distance to many places by Metro.
So, if you are not going to take a train from Milano Centrale, use Malpensa Express. Its very comfortable, fast and taking you close to the city center.
More Reviews (23)
Erkmen's Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Milan l'è Milan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Davutlar Hotels
- Loch Garry Hotels
- Les Houches Hotels
- Loch Leathan Hotels
- Brunssum Transportation
- Hoedspruit Transportation
- Rheinbach Transportation
- Batu Caves Transportation
- Lebanon Transportation
- By Ferry
- Isla Cozumel Transportation
- Independant State of Samoa Transportation
- Port Elizabeth Transportation
- Puerto de la Cruz Transportation
- Hildesheim Transportation
- Córdoba Transportation
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 25 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
Photos in MilanSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 123 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 86 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antalya Intro, 36 reviews, 36 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos
- Seoul Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Bodrum Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
Latest Milan hotel reviews
- The Chedi Milan
- 322 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Jolly Hotel Milano 2
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Milan West-San Siro
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Starhotels Rosa
- 287 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Watt Tredici Hotel
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Jolly Hotel Milanofiori
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
- 558 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Club Hotel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- Gran Duca Di York Hotel
- 285 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Capitol World Class Hotel
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- Camperio House Suites & Apartments
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Hotel Villa Malpensa
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- The Hub Hotel
- 190 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Mercure Milano Centro
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- St. John Hotel Milan
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele- 101 Reviews, 199 Photos
- Duomo- 203 Reviews, 410 Photos
- Santa Maria Delle Grazie Last Supper- 70 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Castello Sforzesco- 120 Reviews, 263 Photos
- Teatro alla Scala- 59 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Shopping or Fashion District- 37 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Navigli- 15 Reviews, 36 Photos
- San Lorenzo and Sant'Eustorgio- 38 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Lake Como - The Lake District- 18 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Sant' Ambrogio- 27 Reviews, 91 Photos
See All Milan Things to Do