"ISTANBUL" Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul by Erkmen
Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,887 reviews and 20,398 photos
As a local living in Istanbul, I am trying to gather all important information for a tourist about Istanbul on a seperate web page. Where you can have them all together and regularly updated..
Istanbull is changing.. New activities and attractions for tourists are established recently..
1) La rue Francaise (French district): A small area full of old houses, just near the old pera region. All houses has been restored and now available for an open air road festival. 43 Houses in between two small roads, all are now hosting new cafes, Brasseries, Patisseries,wine houses and restaurants.And they all are in French style.
2) Miniaturk: The mini Turkey park , Located in Sutluce with the mini models of Turkey's rich historical architecture..
3) Sultans Boats: The Sultans boats are back from the History.. Now you can have a tour in golden horn with these historical and wonderful looking boats.
4) Ballon tour: A baloon that can carry up to 30 person rises 200 meters above Istanbul.. See the beauty of connection of two continents up above..
5) New Nostalgic Tram: Istanbul has now a second Nostalgic tram that runs between Kadikoy and Moda.. The first tram is at Taksim Istiklal street and after many years the Nostalgic tram is back to kadikoy..
6) Istanbul Modern : Istanbul has a new modern museum. The museum has opened at the end of year 2004 and just in four months it attracted over 150,000 visitors. The museum is located at Karakoy, opposite side of Eminonu. Museum is open everyday except Monday, from 10:00 to 18:00. Entrance fee is 5 YTL (~3 €)
(For more details visit tips of Istanbul).
I was born and raised in Istanbul, And I still live in this city of great adventure. The bosphoros, the old town, Covered bazaar, the mosques. the Towers and palaces were the attractive points for tourists, However as I breathe in Istanbul, I see much more things that worth to see..Istanbul is a mixture of Europe and Asia which lays together.. European side looking more oriental and Asian side looking more european makes a real harmonical atraction.. Istanbul, from one end to another is 95 km.. It is huge,.. real huge and very crowded. Around 14 million people is living in this city and it still gets crowded..
Istanbul was the capital city of Ottoman Empire and Byzantium. It hosted different cultures and religions for ages. And every Culture has left their treasures of Architecture. Numerous historical sites creates a rich historical background to the city. And wonderful landscapes of Bosphorus gives an amazing atmosphere.Many travellers do only visit the touristy peninsula and evaluates Istanbul, However if you open your window a bit wider, and travel around Istanbul on both continents, you will discover a better Istanbul and will realize it has much more beauty to see..
** Special thanks goes to Wow Turkey members for their Picture contribution. Wow Turkey **
If you plan to visit Istanbul for a 2-3 days trip, I would advice you to choose another destination.. You should spare at least 5 days. However I recommend a week or ten days visit..Whereever you are coming from, you will be dazzled in Istanbul with so many different things that you havent seen before. You will see a rich Historical culture, you will see the sights of Asia and also the sights of Modern Europe. You will see how the life was in Ottoman Empire period and How the life is now.. You will see the Churches and Mosquees and early in the moning you may wake up with the pray of the muezzins.. You will be tired of walking and also your mind may get tired of seeing so much diffenent things.. So you need some time to restore them..
if you are planning a trip to Istanbul below you can find very efficient tips. Which I think will guide you well.. However if you need more info please do not hesitate to contact with me.. Before you start, I will advice you to look at the Satellite picture of Istanbul on my general tips (First one), so that you can easily spot the places.. Almost all Istanbul Maps, do only show the toursity Peninsula, but the city is too big to be put in to one map
- Pros:living day & nigt.
- In a nutshell:Timeless city
Crystal opened up some years ago and quickly it climbs the steps and became the No:1 night club in Istanbul The club is... more travel advice
I have made a list of several clubs in Istanbul.. Indeed there are many more but these are the ones that are most... more travel advice
- See All Kumkapi Fish Market
- See All All Istanbul Hostels
- See All The Oldest Shopping Mall
- See All Istanbul Archeology Museum
- See All Nazar Boncugu
Erkmen's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 123 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 53 Forum posts
- 95 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
Photos in IstanbulSee All Photos (185)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 123 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 86 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antalya Intro, 36 reviews, 36 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos
- Seoul Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Bodrum Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos