"Foreign Izmir..." Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir by Erkmen

Izmir Travel Guide: 454 reviews and 1,275 photos

Izmir

Izmir, the city that I lived for nearly two years..

I was a Marine in the navy and In the Draw, Izmir was my luck.. I had to do my military service at Izmir Military Shipyard.. I have stayed there 12 months for my military service and afterwards, I decided to continue in Izmir, due to its nice environment..

This goes on for nearly a year, but although the city is quiet nice and offers variety of pleasures, it still is far beyond Istanbul in trade vice..

So in order to continue my career I am back to Istanbul, but I still miss the beauty of the city..

Modern Face of Turkiye

Izmir is definitely the most developed city of Turkiye.. It reflects the modern face of Turkiye..

The city is laying inside the Izmir bay and the city center is so nice and so well organizsed that you will be delighted to be there..

Konak Square

Konak is the main square of the city and the square has recently been renovated and has a real nice view... As the city is hot, indeed very hot in summers, the major has installed new sun blockers to the main walking routes..

• Last visit to Izmir: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 17, 2007

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Very nice and informative page!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2005 at 6:11 AM

Fascinating look at a most charming town. Excellent photos and discriptions.

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 3:49 AM

According to the cencus of 1897 there were 53000 Rum(Anatolian Greeks), 70000 Turks,7000 Armenians, 15000 Jews in Izmir. That's why we call "Gavur Izmir".

• mardaska's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2004 at 12:17 AM

Happy birthday to you!!! Happy birthday to you!!!Happy birthday dear Erkmen!!! Happy birthday to you!!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 5:41 AM

Erkmen, thank you for a wonderful tour of Izmir (& Karsiyaka). What a beautiful promenade (Kordon). I also found Kemeralti interesting. Your work is detailed, informative, and helpful.

• Aggeliki's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2004 at 12:33 PM

Welcome to the club top5Izmir:) Happy Happy Birthday, lots of years and many kisses to the little fish..:))

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2004 at 12:16 AM

I love your opening photo!! Izmir looks quite fascinating!!

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2004 at 7:50 AM

It looks like you were stationed in a very interesting place!

Erkmen

“... Dont limit your dreams”

Badges & Stats in Izmir