"Tunisia" Tunisia by Erkmen
Tunisia Travel Guide: 4,917 reviews and 13,739 photos
We have visited Tunisia on April23,2003, a trip of a last minute booking.. Before visiting Tunisia, all the information that I have was the tips that I have found on these pages. I heard too many things that led me thinking that there might be things could be dangerous for tourists. Such as pick pocketing, Taxis asking double fares or vs. However I faced almost with no problem. I can easily say that it is a safe country.
You can easily see that Tunusia invests on Tourism. On many places there are many regulations to confort the tourists. I have visited Tunisia, Hammamet an Nableu. Hammamet is a small touristic town with very nice hotels located on the beach. The long riviera with a very nice sandy beach is an attracting place. The sea side is very nice, however full with souvenir sellers..
In the city center of Hammamet there is an old town called Medina. Worth to see with all those nice doors, houses and small shops.. Shopping may become a nightmare after all those hassles and unbelievable prices..
Nableu is more like a local town. Not touristic so less trouble :). Food and shopping is much cheaper in Nabeul.
When you are in Tunusia spare some time and visit the local cafees.. Have some tea and/or try some waterpipe.. We have... more travel advice
You can find all kind of souvenirs in these shops.. they are mainly located at City centers, inside the Madina's. The... more travel advice
Erkmen's Related Pages
Tunisia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From the other side of the Mediterranean . . ."
- "Aslaama Tunisia"
- "Tunisia - From the Mediterranean to the Sahara"
- "Nice Tunisia !"
- "Tunisia - North African jewel with lots of history"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tunisia
- Hotels in Tunisia
- Transportation in Tunisia
- Nightlife in Tunisia
- Restaurants in Tunisia
- Shopping in Tunisia
- Warnings and Dangers in Tunisia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tunisia
- 22 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Tunisia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tunisia
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 123 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 86 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 46 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antalya Intro, 36 reviews, 36 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos
- Seoul Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalyan Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Bodrum Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos