"Tunisia" Tunisia by Erkmen

Tunisia Travel Guide: 4,906 reviews and 13,440 photos

Tunisia

We have visited Tunisia on April23,2003, a trip of a last minute booking.. Before visiting Tunisia, all the information that I have was the tips that I have found on these pages. I heard too many things that led me thinking that there might be things could be dangerous for tourists. Such as pick pocketing, Taxis asking double fares or vs. However I faced almost with no problem. I can easily say that it is a safe country.

You can easily see that Tunusia invests on Tourism. On many places there are many regulations to confort the tourists. I have visited Tunisia, Hammamet an Nableu. Hammamet is a small touristic town with very nice hotels located on the beach. The long riviera with a very nice sandy beach is an attracting place. The sea side is very nice, however full with souvenir sellers..
In the city center of Hammamet there is an old town called Medina. Worth to see with all those nice doors, houses and small shops.. Shopping may become a nightmare after all those hassles and unbelievable prices..
Nableu is more like a local town. Not touristic so less trouble :). Food and shopping is much cheaper in Nabeul.

• Last visit to Tunisia: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated May 30, 2003

Erkmen

“... Dont limit your dreams”

Badges & Stats in Tunisia

Have you been to Tunisia?

Latest Activity in Tunisia