"ANGKOR WAT" Cambodia by SUN_69
Cambodia Travel Guide: 9,223 reviews and 26,468 photos
1 dollar for a bunch of bananas
1 dollar for a mototaxi
1 dollar for a can of beer
1 dollar for a bag of fruits
1 dollar for a bowl of noodles
Street kids are all over the country, trying to lighten your pocket by a dollar selling all kinds of stuff.
This 4 years old kid was sell bananas for a dollar. She was very persistent. I've not need for bananas. But looking into her desperate eyes, I couldn't help but to buy the over-priced bananas. Well, if it cost a dollar to make her day....its worth it. Tourist traffic was ver low, I was the only other traveller around.
Beside the local Khmers, ?landless? Vietnamese inhabits the floating villages around Tonle Sap....and just when I thought I have come to a remote corner of the World, I saw a Chinese provision shop selling sundries to the folks around. In this photo you see a floating provision shop run by a Chinese family of Teochew descent.
The folks here do the bathing, washing, on the same water where their sewage flows. I avoided all food and drinking water from this place, but was still down with food poisoning for 3 days.
- Pros:Angkor splendor, cheap beers & massages
- Cons:Dust, Heat, Lack of Clean Water & Food,
SUN_69's Related Pages
Cambodia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MORE THAN JUST THE ANGKOR TEMPLES"
- "The country of Angkor"
- "Angkor Archeological Park, Cambodia"
- "Sharrie's Cambodia Dignity"
- "Cambodia 2002"
- "Ancient temples and smiling Khmers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambodia
- Hotels in Cambodia
- Transportation in Cambodia
- Nightlife in Cambodia
- Restaurants in Cambodia
- Shopping in Cambodia
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambodia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambodia
- 6 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cambodia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambodia
Top 10 Pages
- Lijiang Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos
- Donsol Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos
- Hongkeng 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aba Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Otaru Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ticao Island Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Manado Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Xiamen Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue