"Conquering Mt Kinabalu" Taman Negara Kinabalu by SUN_69
Taman Negara Kinabalu Travel Guide: 271 reviews and 543 photos
We take a long drive,
Up to the mountain side.
We take a long night walk,
Up the summit trail.
We watch the full moon set,
Over the lakes of cloud below.
Lights from Laban Rata sparkles
Like distant stars under the clouds.
As we reach the top,
The sun is just rising on the horizon.
So many magnificent colors,
Fill the sky’s clouds.
As we look around,
We see nature’s beauty.
Stunning tweezed plants
Grow out of cracks between barren rocks.
Tiny flowers bloomed in glorious colors
Freshen in mountain dew.
We can feel the crispy breeze,
As it flurries past.
We can smell the sweetness
Of the thin mountain air.
We take a long walk,
Down the summit trail.
We take a long drive,
Down the mountain side.
Smile on my face
as I dangle my feet
Clear spring water
with orchids so bright
just a relaxing adventure
This hidden cove hideaway
shall renew my vision
Misty morning sky
natures mist bath
Nestle shall I along
the blades of green grass
Just an intoxicating moment
within Mother Natures Cove
Taste the liquid crystal sky
The sweetness of the night
Feel the depths of darkness cry
The stars are tears of light
The mirror moon is hung with care
From silver cobweb strands
The darkest backdrop lingers there
Held up with giant hands
Deep blue and endless lake of space
Enchantment of the eyes
A swinging sheet of splendour grace
Encompassing the skies
No powers can support that ball
No powers can impound
One day from out the sky will fall
And bounce across the ground
An icy pool of moon-spun light
Surrounds that hoary sphere
Intoxication of midnight
The wine of shadows here
When day retreats to hide its beams
Then is the night unfurled
And peace seeps out in glorious dreams
Inebriates the world
(Encompassing basically means surrounding. Hoary is nothing to do with prostitutes, it means silvery. Inebriates means to make drunk.)
- Pros:The very accessible mountain peak
- Cons:Hope I could have stayed a little longer
- In a nutshell:Top of the World feeling
It is a 2.510m climb that is 8.72 km long trek. I would breakdown the climb to 3 stages - Stage 1 - Kinabalu Park HQ... more travel advice
SUN_69's Related Pages
Taman Negara Kinabalu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mount Kinabalu"
- "Mt Kinabalu"
- "Finally, Mount Kinabalu!"
- "Kinabalu National Park"
- "Mount Kinabalu - Highest point in Malaysia"
- "Mount Kinabalu (Land Below The Wind)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Hotels in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Transportation in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Nightlife in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Restaurants in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Shopping in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Warnings and Dangers in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- 3 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Taman Negara Kinabalu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taman Negara Kinabalu
Top 10 Pages
- Lijiang Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos
- Donsol Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos
- Hongkeng 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aba Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Otaru Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ticao Island Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Manado Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Xiamen Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue