"Waiting for Cocteau" emilesc's Profile
California VT events and meetings.
Los Angeles Forum
-- December 07, 2007:
First, say hello to my friend whatthefolk (great name, by the way)!
And I went to New York for a week in November, during which I met the very kind cookie_monster. But it was during the Broadway strike, so I'm going to go back next weekend to catch the shows I missed. I uploaded my photos (only 250 this time!), and someday I will get caught up on my VT tips, I promise.
-- October 08, 2007:
I went to Europe last month! My friend and I spent ten days in London and Paris. I've uploaded my photos (over 350!) and I hope to find time to post tips over the new few weeks.
-- October 11, 2006:
I got a digital camera! I have finally entered the 21st century!
I spent nine days in one of my favorite areas of the US - the northern California Bay Area. While I was there, I met the very cool SFHulaGIrl.
I added an Emeryville page and finished updating my Oakland page. Still adding to the San Francisco. Check for both tips and travelogues. I went a little crazy with the new camera (I took 400 photos!), so more are coming!
-- April 12, 2006:
Not a huge update - just a new ID photo courtesy of Phalaenopsis03, who rocks. We first met at the Annual VT member gathering in August 2004. And this past Sunday, we had brunch and listened to jazz from Jerrie and Her Friends at the funky El Cid restaurant in the Silverlake/Los Feliz area. The almost-89-year-old Jerrie can still swing! I also enjoyed my first Midori Margarita (the neon green drink of choice in my new photo). Deadly!
-- June 30, 2005:
Just got back from the Grand Canyon, and I will be updating my pages. I've already updated the Needles page; help me become a Top 5 member and rate my tip! C'mon, it can't be that hard!
-- July 11, 2004:
I went to Montreal July 11-15, and I met fellow VT'er nickyte. I have begun to update my Montreal guide. And yes, you guessed it - I went to see the Cocteau exhibit! I'd been waiting a year for this ever since I saw the teaser at the Cannes Film Festival. It was well worth the trip!
-- I want to update all my travel pages with at *least* an intro about older trips even if I don't yet have tips or pictures to add. That's an ongoing project.
A little about my love for travel: in lieu of being able to afford a trip to Europe, I love a good road trip. Luckily, I live in California, and there's never a dearth of opportunties for one. I've been to Vegas of course, the Grand Canyon and Death Valley once and San Francisco more times than I can remember. Originally I'm from Chicago, but the less said about that, the better.
Given the opportunity, I would travel outside the US more often. I've been to France four times in my life - first time for a month in the French Alps and a weekend in Paris during an exchange program for minority grade-school students in 1982. Next, I spent a week and a half there in 1990. It took me almost two decades to return, for a long weekend, in 2007.
I visited most of the continental European cities I've seen during a college glee club tour in 1990, and I didn't spend more than one or two days in any one city. But it was while the Berlin Wall was coming down, so it was an exciting time nonetheless.
In May 2003, I attended the Cannes Film Festival so I have updated my pages in the Provence area with photos, tips and travelogues.
I'm obsessed with Jean Cocteau - you may have noticed the Cocteau posters from the Montreal exhibit behind me in the member photo. I'm not saying Cocteau's all I'm going to talk about, but when it comes to France, well... let's say there'll be copious amounts of Cocteau and leave it at that. ;-> If you're an admirer, please email me - I'd love to exchange stories.
Concerts and plays are often a motivating factor for travel. In 2007, I visited London and Paris to see Orlando Bloom make his West End debut and David Sylvian in concert. I also visited New York to see Duran Duran. I will go back to New York to see *Nsync's Lance Bass in "Hairspray." In 2003, I visited Miami Beach for *Nsync's annual charity basketball game. Don't ever say my tastes aren't eclectic. :-)
So enjoy, leave comments, rate pages if you wish. Thanks!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 101 Reviews
- 181 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 29 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- emilesc and kiwi are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: Shuttle to or from the South..."
- Commented on 10028's profile page
- Wrote a Review Cots for overnight visitors about O'Hare International Airport in Chicago Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cots for overnight visitors"
- updated a Chicago Travel Page "The Mudhole of the Prairie"
updated their Profile Page "Waiting for Cocteau"
PhotosSee All Photos (181)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 24 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cannes Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Villefranche-sur-Mer Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Montreal Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fréjus Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Oakland Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Menton Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Chicago Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos