"I was born and brought up in Mumbai (Bombay)" India by oldmonk_92129

India Travel Guide: 28,501 reviews and 78,658 photos

A part of India will live within me forever

I just returned from my trip to India. It was great to meet family and also visit a few places I had not visited before.

• Pros:There is no other place in the world like this - Breathtaking variety and flurry of activity everywhere
  • Cons:There are many faults - But I will always take the good over the bad
  • In a nutshell:Truly Unique
  • Last visit to India: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2003

Travelogues (1)

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Thats a nice Pic-Is it the Sachivalya??I too grew up in Bombay close to the above building I think.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2006 at 11:08 AM

I'd like to go to a VT Meeting at the "'Great Kabab Factory!" An early "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" GANESH!! How's it in Irvine?

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 8:50 PM

Ok, I found it :-)

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2004 at 10:24 AM

What a beautiful The Taj Mahal pics. Thanks for your nice page.

• Bavavia's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2003 at 2:59 PM

Your description of the garlic prawns is making me hungry! nice picture of the restaurant too and a description of the dishes...!

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2003 at 7:45 PM

Mmm. . .that kebab restaurant sounds fantastic! I can't wait to head back! :-)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2003 at 7:11 PM

tks for the info and hotel tip. Kabab place is way too much food for me though! still... Indian food is my favourite.

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2003 at 6:48 PM

Sounds like one heck of a meal! Question: how does one make peas and spinach stay on a kebab?! :-)

• Eddie101's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2003 at 5:58 PM

So true Ganesh !! the variety of India is captivating, an experience never to be forgotten. Great photo's on your pages...thanks and safe travels :-))

• janaina's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2003 at 4:59 PM

Going to India in sep,can't wait!! Yohoo,I will try the kabab house(and maybe be in the same situation as you were - stuffed!! :0)

oldmonk_92129

“A good traveller knows where he is going...the perfect traveller does not know where he came from...Chinese proverb”

Badges & Stats in India