"Meet Me in... Hendersonville?" Hendersonville by kacooke
Hendersonville Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 21 photos
The last time I spent time in Hendersonville was my senior handbell trip in April of 2000. Yes, I was in the handbell choir at my small Christian school. We played mostly at nursing homes. The residents really enjoyed our visits, and we enjoyed them as well. We usually did seasonal recitals, but we really looked forward to our annual trip to the Blue Ridge Handbell Festival. Handbell choirs from all over the region came together under a handbell conductor to learn different techniques, share music, and perform a concert for the local community. When we weren't practicing, us highschool kids spent our free time roaming the mall and perusing various little shops on Main Street. One year we spent a long, hot day hiking at Chimney Rock. In the evenings we ate pizza and ran around our hotel like it was an amusement park. By far this was my fondest memory of Hendersonville, and quite possibly the only thing there is to do. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure I am).
- Pros:Cute little town in the Blue Rige Mountains, very scenic, friendly locals
- Cons:not much to do if you like the nightlife, not very culturally diverse
- In a nutshell:Cute and Quaint in the Blue Ridge Mountains
You can't leave Hendersonville without checking out the beautiful Chimney Rock Park. Located about 25 miles south of... more travel advice
My favorite shop on Main Street is the General Store. It houses a collection of novelties, clothing, and candy. Also, be... more travel advice
kacooke's Related Pages
Hendersonville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Meet Me in... Hendersonville?"
- "hendersonville north carolina"
- "Hendersonville, NC"
- "CloakNDagger's new Hendersonville Page"
- "My Home Town Favorites"
- "Four seasons"
- "My hometown."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hendersonville
- Hotels in Hendersonville
- Nightlife in Hendersonville
- Restaurants in Hendersonville
- Shopping in Hendersonville
- Warnings and Dangers in Hendersonville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hendersonville
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Hendersonville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hendersonville
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silver Spring Intro, 8 reviews
- Hendersonville Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Chicago Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Lancaster 5 reviews
- Orlando Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Burlington Intro, 3 reviews
- Baltimore Intro, 1 photo
- Nashville 1 review
- Knoxville Intro, 1 review