"Meet Me in... Hendersonville?" Hendersonville by kacooke

Hendersonville Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 21 photos

Blue Ridge Handbell Festival

The last time I spent time in Hendersonville was my senior handbell trip in April of 2000. Yes, I was in the handbell choir at my small Christian school. We played mostly at nursing homes. The residents really enjoyed our visits, and we enjoyed them as well. We usually did seasonal recitals, but we really looked forward to our annual trip to the Blue Ridge Handbell Festival. Handbell choirs from all over the region came together under a handbell conductor to learn different techniques, share music, and perform a concert for the local community. When we weren't practicing, us highschool kids spent our free time roaming the mall and perusing various little shops on Main Street. One year we spent a long, hot day hiking at Chimney Rock. In the evenings we ate pizza and ran around our hotel like it was an amusement park. By far this was my fondest memory of Hendersonville, and quite possibly the only thing there is to do. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure I am).

• Pros:Cute little town in the Blue Rige Mountains, very scenic, friendly locals
  • Cons:not much to do if you like the nightlife, not very culturally diverse
  • In a nutshell:Cute and Quaint in the Blue Ridge Mountains
  • Last visit to Hendersonville: Apr 2000
  • Intro Updated May 1, 2003

kacooke

“"Always pack 2x the amount of underwear you plan to use."”

Badges & Stats in Hendersonville

Have you been to Hendersonville?

Latest Activity in Hendersonville