"A Fascinating Place" Estado de Minas Gerais by NedHopkins
Estado de Minas Gerais Travel Guide: 399 reviews and 1,223 photos
NOTE: The travel section of the Sunday, 25 October 2009 New York Times is dedicated to South America. The lead story -- first page and two inside pages -- is on Minas Gerais. Curiously, while the piece talks much about Ouro Prêto and Tiradentes, it omits any mention of Congonhas.
The issue may be accessed on the Times' website:
* * *
The state of Minas Gerais is marvelous for:
+ colonial art (sculpture and painting) and architecture;
+ historical associations;
+ natural scenery;
+ laid-back, friendly people;
+ cuisine; and
+ much else.
- Pros:The art of Aleijadinho; colonial architecture; proximity to Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo
- Cons:I don't live there
- In a nutshell:Not to be missed.
After the gold played out, in the 18th century, semi-precious stones took pride of place in Minas's exports. Today it's... more travel advice
NedHopkins' Related Pages
Estado de Minas Gerais Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "janaina's new Belo Horizonte Page"
- "A Fascinating Place"
- "Hard work to reach the Bandeira Peak"
- "Brazils pretty mountain state."
- "ESTADO de MINAS GERAIS"
- "Caraça Natural Park"
- "Diversity of a country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Hotels in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Transportation in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Nightlife in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Restaurants in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Shopping in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Minas Gerais
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Minas Gerais
- 29 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Estado de Minas Gerais?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Minas Gerais
Photos in Estado de Minas GeraisSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ouro Prêto Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Delhi Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belém Intro, 20 reviews, 17 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olinda Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
No friends yet.