"Cao Dai" Tay Ninh by NedHopkins
Tay Ninh Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 160 photos
We are so accustomed to seeing ancient Greek and Roman buildings unadorned -- and their statuary in plain white marble -- that we forget they were almost certainly gaudily decorated or painted in their time.
The Cao Dai religion -- with St Joan of Arc, St William Shakespeare, St Louis Pasteur, et al. -- erects none but the most colorful churches.
I managed to attend the noon mass. Or, rather, part of it. The endless chanting had less tonal variation even than Gregorian Chant.
- Pros:Fascinating building
- Cons:Mass worth hearing but for only 10 or 15 minutes
- In a nutshell:Worth a special trip
Cao Dai's 'mother church' is set in a large, enclosed area with several other buildings worth looking at. more travel advice
NedHopkins' Related Pages
Tay Ninh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TAY NINH - KINGDOM OF HEAVEN"
- "Home of the Cao Dai Holy See"
- "Tay Ninh"
- "TAY NINH VIETNAM"
- "TAY NINH"
- "Cao Dai"
- "Tay Ninh"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tay Ninh
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Tay Ninh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tay Ninh
Photos in Tay NinhSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ouro Prêto Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Delhi Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belém Intro, 20 reviews, 17 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olinda Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
No friends yet.