"Bhubaneswar" Bhubaneshwar by NedHopkins
Bhubaneshwar Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 175 photos
At the height of its power and glory, from about 900 to 1200 c.e., Bhubaneswar is said to have had over 7,000 temples. That figure may, however, have included small shrines. Whatever the number a millennium ago, today the 'Temple City' can boast of over 700 temples, most Hindu but a few Buddhist and Jain.
Judging from the number of new cars on the road and new apartment and other buildings, Bhubaneswar seems to be a prosperous -- and growing -- city.
The Bhubaneswar airport is about 20 minutes (and a Rs 500 taxi ride) from the center. The city is convenient for day trips to Konark and Puri
Most of these caves were excavated by Jains, with a few by Buddhists, and date to the first century b.c.e. The site also... more travel advice
Non-Hindus are not allowed onto the grounds of this complex, which includes a 180-foot high main temple -- dedicated to... more travel advice
NedHopkins' Related Pages
Bhubaneshwar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bhubaneswar - Temple City of India."
- "Bhubaneswar - - city of temples"
- "Temple City of India"
- "Too many temples to visit in half a day"
- "Bhubaneshwar! the Beautiful Place on earth!"
- "Hotel Pushpak - Bhubaneshwar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bhubaneshwar
- Hotels in Bhubaneshwar
- Transportation in Bhubaneshwar
- Nightlife in Bhubaneshwar
- Restaurants in Bhubaneshwar
- Warnings and Dangers in Bhubaneshwar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bhubaneshwar
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bhubaneshwar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bhubaneshwar
Photos in BhubaneshwarSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ouro Prêto Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Delhi Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belém Intro, 20 reviews, 17 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olinda Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
No friends yet.