"Kanchipuram" Top 5 Page for this destination Kanchipuram by NedHopkins
Kanchipuram Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 197 photos
One of the five holy cities of Hinduism -- and the only one outside the north -- Kanchipuram is home to some of the most exquisite Hindu temples in the entire land.
Partly that's because the country's successive Muslim invaders never controlled much of the south -- and the south was therefore spared the wanton destruction of Hindu temples and monuments that the Muslims perpetrated elsewhere.
These boys followed me around the Kailasanatha temple complex for more than an hour. Only in the last 15 minutes did... more travel advice
Begun in the 7th century, this complex includes a large temple and nearly 60 smaller temples dedicated to Shiva, his... more travel advice
NedHopkins' Related Pages
Kanchipuram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kanchipuram-Temple&Silk city :)"
- "Sacred City"
- "land of a thousand temples"
- "Half a day stop in Kanchipuram"
- "Kanchipuram Photos 1"
- "Nagareshu Kanchi -- Kanchi -- the Temple town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanchipuram
- Transportation in Kanchipuram
- Restaurants in Kanchipuram
- Shopping in Kanchipuram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanchipuram
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kanchipuram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanchipuram
Photos in KanchipuramSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ouro Prêto Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Delhi Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belém Intro, 20 reviews, 17 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olinda Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
No friends yet.