"Cultural melting pot - Xining" Xining by gordonye
Xining Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 85 photos
Xining dates back only about 100 years unlike most Chinese provincial capitals. This medium sized city is the seat of a fairly young province (Qinghai) established in 1929. Being a provincial hub, the city is a rich blend of its surrounding cultures, with a dozen minority nationalities represented, including Tibetan, Muslim Hui, Salar, Tu, Yugur, Tatar. Within the whole of China, Xining has the most minority ethnic influence other than Lhasa, Tibet.
gordonye's Related Pages
Xining Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Harshest Region of Greater Tibet"
- "An oasis in the North of China"
- "Nuclear before, New increase now"
- "Cultural melting pot - Xining"
- "U Wanna Look-n-Feel?"
- "Tibetan Temples Survey Trip Qinghai China 2002"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xining
- Hotels in Xining
- Transportation in Xining
- Shopping in Xining
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Xining
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Xining?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xining
Top 10 Pages
- Berkeley Intro, 5 reviews
- Mount Kenya National Park Intro, 2 reviews
- Beijing Intro, 1 review
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 1 review
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 1 review
- Monterey Intro, 1 review
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 1 review
- Big Sur Intro, 1 review
- Mammoth Lakes Intro, 1 review
- Xiamen Intro, 1 review
No friends yet.