"Berkeley - maturing holy land of liberalism" Berkeley by gordonye
Berkeley Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 395 photos
The birth place of 1960's liberal revolution, Berkeley today is more gentrified, yet still true to its roots of high learning, social activism, environmentalism, and passion for world justice. It is a friendly, tolerant, compassionate place that doesn't pretend the world has no problems, where people try to do something to improve the world on a daily basis. Berkeley is at the forefront of a new lifestyle trend that calls for conscientious living, renewable energy and materials, recycling, organic food, interest in ecology and environment, and concern for worldwide human rights.
Great place to row a canoe or set sail in beautiful San Francisco Bay. You can rent the equipment from the Aquatic... more travel advice
Avoid Gilman Street exit off of Interstate 80 highway as much as possible. There are no stop lights at the intersection,... more travel advice
gordonye's Related Pages
Berkeley Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Berkeley - Icon of the 60s"
- "Welcome to Berkeley!"
- "Lived here while studying at the UC"
- "They don't call it Berzerkeley for nothing!"
- "Intro To Berkeley via People's Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berkeley
- Hotels in Berkeley
- Transportation in Berkeley
- Nightlife in Berkeley
- Restaurants in Berkeley
- Shopping in Berkeley
- Warnings and Dangers in Berkeley
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Berkeley
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Berkeley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berkeley
Top 10 Pages
- Berkeley Intro, 5 reviews
- Mount Kenya National Park Intro, 2 reviews
- Beijing Intro, 1 review
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 1 review
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 1 review
- Monterey Intro, 1 review
- Big Sur Intro, 1 review
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 1 review
- Xiamen Intro, 1 review
- Mammoth Lakes Intro, 1 review
No friends yet.