"Rich Blend of Old-world Heritage among Coral Seas" Zanzibar Town by gordonye
Zanzibar Town Travel Guide: 245 reviews and 643 photos
This modest sized tropical island had been settled by traders from around the Indian Ocean for over 1000 years. A rich blend of Arab-Persian, Indian, and mainland African lifestyles still thrive in this very unique cultural melting pot. Once ruling a large swath of east African coast from Somalia to Mozambique, Zanzibar is now the center of the world's Islamic Swahili culture and the place whose local dialect is considered the purest form of Swahili. Its old-world labyrinthine streets, friendly and elegant people, incredible beaches and beautiful coral seas make Zanzibar a wonderful vacation destination.
gordonye's Related Pages
Zanzibar Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STONE TOWN"
- "Zanzibar Town"
- "You have to visit Stone Town"
- "Mji Mkongwe"
- "The Stone Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zanzibar Town
- Hotels in Zanzibar Town
- Transportation in Zanzibar Town
- Nightlife in Zanzibar Town
- Restaurants in Zanzibar Town
- Shopping in Zanzibar Town
- Warnings and Dangers in Zanzibar Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zanzibar Town
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Zanzibar Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanzibar Town
Top 10 Pages
- Berkeley Intro, 5 reviews
- Mount Kenya National Park Intro, 2 reviews
- Beijing Intro, 1 review
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 1 review
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 1 review
- Monterey Intro, 1 review
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 1 review
- Big Sur Intro, 1 review
- Mammoth Lakes Intro, 1 review
- Xiamen Intro, 1 review
No friends yet.