"HYDRA: SOMETIMES WE NEED TO GET AWAY..." Top 5 Page for this destination Hydra Island by parsix

Hydra Island Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 597 photos

AND SOMETIMES WE WONDER WHY WE BEEN AWAY SO LONG

Hydra is in the heart of the Saronic Gulf.
My trip to Hydra was a very special one. At the end of my trip to Greece I was very charged and stress emotionally and mentally.
Maybe because I live in London I am always running and in a rush. I needed to get lost, to be free of responsabilities. Hydra was just what the doctor recommended.

My hydra was not only the visual beauty. It was a combination of senses that came together in my stay. Smells, noises, images that brought out a lot of memories. It was the right balance.

• Last visit to Hydra Island: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2003

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Great poetic page. But the cat licking the leaking water is not a guy but a lady - only female cats have three colours.

• suela's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2007 at 1:06 AM

me gustaron mucho tus paginas de Hydra. Parece un lugar especial afuera de este mundo. Saludos de Albania!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2007 at 10:22 AM

I felt like I was walking with you though this story. It looks like a beautiful location. I may check it out when I travel to Athens in June.

• hydronetta's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 2:07 PM

It's called hydronetta and it's where i picked my VTnickname from.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2005 at 9:43 AM

Not just tips, but a story with great photos! Thanks for sharing. Oh, and Happy Birthday if I didn't already mention that.

• PikaUA's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 1:10 AM

Your story is amazing!! THANK YOU A LOT!! It's the best story about Hydra I have ever seen! :)

• Alagator's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2005 at 4:10 AM

Hydra is the destination I remember the most from my trip to Greece several years ago. Thanks for sharing the pictures, especially the harbor. Very nice.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2005 at 6:05 AM

All the steps sure look like they were worth it!

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2004 at 4:45 PM

Fiona I enjoyed rating your tips but enjoyed the pictures more, your people pictures and simple ones are very nice and tell more of a story. Cheers!

• storyin's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2004 at 9:06 PM

cute cat !

parsix

“¬®La dulzura, cuando es sincera, es una fuerza invencible."”

Badges & Stats in Hydra Island

Have you been to Hydra Island?

Latest Activity in Hydra Island