"Enjoy the Sites in the Prince Rupert Area" Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert by davidjoha
Prince Rupert Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 125 photos
We arrived in Prince Rupert, by way of the Skeena Railroad, from Jasper. We had about 2 days before we boarded the ferry for the Alaska Marine Highway System. The bus system didn't seem very reliable in PR, but we finally got downtown. We took a taxi back to the hotel because the bus only ran until 6:00 pm. Prince Rupert had many very interesting things to do and we couldn't do everything we wanted to do. We wish we could have had another day.
- Pros:I learned a lot about the culture of the First Nations people and their traditions at the museum and the carving shed.
- Cons:Transportation was a problem. Taxis were ok but expensive, however we had one taxi driver who really helped us out with a problem.
- In a nutshell:Once downtown most sites were within walking distance and we had a very good time.
At the Museum of Northern BC I purchased a booklet with a map and the pictures and details of totem poles around the... more travel advice
We went through the museum on our own and saw and read about the exhibits. There were exhibits about First Nations... more travel advice
davidjoha's Related Pages
Prince Rupert Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enjoy the Sites in the Prince Rupert Area"
- "Prince Rupert"
- "Prince Rupert and Cow Bay"
- "Wild West Coast"
- "Where Canada's Wilderness begins"
- "Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Sanctuary"
- "A wander around Prince Rupert's Cow Bay area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prince Rupert
- Hotels in Prince Rupert
- Transportation in Prince Rupert
- Restaurants in Prince Rupert
- Shopping in Prince Rupert
- Warnings and Dangers in Prince Rupert
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prince Rupert
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Prince Rupert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prince Rupert
Photos in Prince RupertSee All Photos (5)
- Halifax Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Alaska Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Osceola 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.