"Enjoy the Sites in the Prince Rupert Area" Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert by davidjoha

Prince Rupert Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 125 photos

Prince Rupert in Two Days

We arrived in Prince Rupert, by way of the Skeena Railroad, from Jasper. We had about 2 days before we boarded the ferry for the Alaska Marine Highway System. The bus system didn't seem very reliable in PR, but we finally got downtown. We took a taxi back to the hotel because the bus only ran until 6:00 pm. Prince Rupert had many very interesting things to do and we couldn't do everything we wanted to do. We wish we could have had another day.

• Pros:I learned a lot about the culture of the First Nations people and their traditions at the museum and the carving shed.
  • Cons:Transportation was a problem. Taxis were ok but expensive, however we had one taxi driver who really helped us out with a problem.
  • In a nutshell:Once downtown most sites were within walking distance and we had a very good time.
  • Last visit to Prince Rupert: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 25, 2003

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Looks like you had a good time here.

• la_dolcevita's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Thanks for the tip about the Skeena rail route between Jasper and Prince Rupert. I didn't know that and I was wondering how we would get from the Rocky's to Prince Rupert. Thanks!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2008 at 8:10 AM

Prince Rupert is a nice place in British Columbia, thanks for the photos and information :)

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2006 at 3:46 PM

Takes me back to when I was here in the 70's. Still seems to be a little known place.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2004 at 8:58 PM

Nice job.

davidjoha

“go before it's too late”

Badges & Stats in Prince Rupert

Have you been to Prince Rupert?

Latest Activity in Prince Rupert